We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amman sightseeing

los angeles
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Amman sightseeing

1. I need help organizing the order in which I will see the following sights in Amman based on their location to each other. I have limited time and do not want to criss-cross back and forth across town to see these places. I plan to stay at the Four Seasons and would love to walk to these places (if possible). I think walking is usually the best way to experience and "feel" a city. Also, what is the approximate distance and walking time from the Four Seasons to each of these places and to each other.

Grand Husseini Mosque

Roman Theatre

Nymphaeum

Roman Forum

Hejaz Railway

King Abdullah Mosque

I will see these places after seeing the Citadel and its sights.

2. I have searched high and low for a map of Amman and cannot find one. Are any available on the internet?

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amman sightseeing

Amman isn't a very walker friendly place in my view.

Pavements are not always very good and sometimes blocked with trees but anyway . . . if you like walking, its good to walk - one does get a better feel of a place, I agree with you.

The first 4 you mentioned can be walked to each other

they are about 5 minutes apart - give or take a few minutes or how fast/slow you walk.

You would need to take a taxi maybe to the downtown and then start walking. To walk from the 4 seasons would take a good hour maybe . . ? But can be done.

Hejaz Railway - is quite a walk from the first 4 places and maybe difficult to find. Take a taxi

better, see where you go and walk back.

King Abdullah Mosque is in Abdali - you could walk to it from the 4 seasons - it would take about 30 minutes or thereabouts.

Street maps are available locally in stationery shops

cost around 3 JD

Try to take in a nice local meal at the Jerusalem restaurant. Many local specialities and good food

established more than 50 years. 5 minutes from the

Grand Hussain Mosque.

The usual way of finding your way around Amman is to stop and ask directions. People don't really use street names, they go by landmarks usually ie next to the mosque, opposite Macdonalds, near the bridge

etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amman sightseeing

Hi

looking at your itinerary, it doesnt sound very difficult.

if you want where i booked my holiday, they can arrange for all this i am sure.

give them a call with itinerary, they will arrange to take you to these places with a driver, or you can have a driver with english speaking guide.

i found there service very good. and the driver was excellent. 0844 415 4855

evolution holidays

3. Re: Amman sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 11, 2009