We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Topic
Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

On our coming trip, we are leaving Petra in the morning and going to Amman. I would like to see the sights of both Jerash and Amman. However, with the limited time we have, my travel agent want me to choose either Jerash or Amman for sightseeing (not both). Can anyone tell me which one is more worthwhile to see?

Thanks in advance.

sg2000

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

Hi sq2000,

Rather go to Jerash which will be an unforgettable experience.

There is not as much to see in Amman and you will waste your time.

Have a great time in Jordan

Hadlow, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

Not sure how much of the Middle East you have seen but Amman is a lively little town and worth spending some time in. MOst people don't and regret it afterwards. But there's little to see in the way of monuments. Jerash is fabulous and would be Jordan'd premier attraction if it wasn'f for Petra. If you like cities, stay in Amman. If you like ruins, go to Jerash.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

Jerash is great, and difficult to get to.

Amman you can get around easily on your own if you have the time.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
763 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

Agree with previous posters. The Roman ruins of Jerash are quite spectacular and it is in a museum in Jerash where you can see the fairly recently found remnants of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Bethspoon.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

To all responders:

Yes, I agree with all of you. We decide to choose Jerash instead of Amman. Thanks!

sg2000

6. Re: Choosing between Amman and Jerash for sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 06, 2009