We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging money

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging money

I am going to Jordan on Friday .I arrive late in the evening .Will I be able to exchange money at the airport when I arrive late on a Friday evening their holy day ? Would it be better to exchange most of my money at Heathrow ? I believe there is a shortage of ATM s on Jordan so how bad is the exchange rate in the hotels ? Do the locals prefer to be tipped in local currency American dollars or English pounds .Thank you for any replies to this question I am so looking forward to this trip.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging money

You can exchange money at the airport just before the passport check office get small amount to get you going.You get best rate at a bank in the city(banks closed Friday and Saturday .Both USD and GBP are easily changable and happily accepted in Jordan.You can also tip in Jordan Dinaras as well.

Enjoy from damascushostel

Petra
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging money

Hi,

You are going to one of theb most developeed country in Middle East,Jordan,so all services are availabe..lots of banks(closed on Friday and Saturday),lots of exchange offices(opend all the time)..of course changing in the hotels is different than the bank,in the bank is better but you dont lose much,

You can tipp in any currancy you like...

Enjoy it

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging money

As a side note, it would help to get yourself familiarized with the Jordan currency. Someone change us a no longer in use 10 JD bill. Even it can be fixed at the Bank of Jordan in Amman and Aqaba, we didn't bother and took the bill as a souvenir.

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Exchanging money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 28, 2009