We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Locations in Amman

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Locations in Amman

Hi, guys,

I'm having trouble finding an on-line street map of Amman, so can anyone tell me whether the Roman theatre/ Downtown is within easy walking distance of the Kempinski? Or alternatively, how much a taxi should be in JD? (Seriously stung last time I came into town for a conference and didn't stay at the conference hotel - hoping this time will be better...)

Thanks for your help,

Hef

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Locations in Amman

Hi

the Kempinski hotel is in shemsani district, which is someway from the roman theatre. definatly a taxi ride away. I worked in Amman for sometime, (marriott). If you take a taxi insist on the driver using the meter, if he doesnt agree walk away and find one that does. The taxi shouldnt be more than say 5 or 6 JD, really carnt remeber. Only went there once, it is a rougher side of town, so best make the trip in daylight hours.

Hope this helps,

Durham, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Locations in Amman

Cheers, Ray -

That definitely helps - I appreciate your advice!

H

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Locations in Amman

no probs, forgot to mention, if the driver is hospitable he may take you a route which will enable you view/take a pic from the hill opposite.

enjoy your trip, Ammans an amazing city

4. Re: Re: Locations in Amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 04, 2009