We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hi , I am looking for a 5 day itinerary help. We will arrive from Istanbul in Aqaba at 01.30am ( 31.05) and our flight back is at 02.25am (06.06) . I want to spend the first night in Aqaba and we are going in the morning to Petra / Wadi Musa.

So we will spend 5 full days and nights in Jordan. I am planning to visit Petra for two days with overnight and a overnight desert trip to Wadi Rum.

Can you tell me the reasonable price for a taxi from Aqaba to Petra and Petra - Wadi Rum / Wadi Rum - Aqaba in our way back ?

Last nignt wiil be in Aqaba , because of a beach relax and maybe snorkeling in our last day.

Edited: 2:24 pm, April 18, 2016
Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
1 review
1. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Welcome to Jordan

My modest suggestion:

31.5 Arrival - Aqaba

01.6: Aqaba - Wadi Rum

02.6: Wadi Rum - Petra

03.6: Petra

04.6: Petra - Little Petra - Shobak Castle - Dana Nature Reserve - Dead Sea

05.6: Dead Sea - Aqaba and departure.

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Thank you.

My mistake - we will arrive at 01.30 on 01.06 and want to stay a day in Aqaba for relax and sunbathing :)

On day two , three and four in Wadi Rum and Petra , and day five back to Aqaba.

Your suggestions sounds great !!!

Edited: 4:39 pm, April 18, 2016
Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
1 review
3. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

You are most welcome

01.6 Arrival - Aqaba

02.6: Aqaba - Petra

03.6: Petra

04.6: Petra - Wadi Rum

05.6: Wadi Rum - Aqaba and departure

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Wadi Rum, Jordan
Level Contributor
597 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hello,

Your itinerary sounds good.

A taxi between Aqaba and Petra should be around 35 JD. From Petra to Wadi Rum also around 35 JD. Or you can travel with the special Petra – Wadi Rum bus which is 7 JD per person. A taxi from Wadi Rum to Aqaba is around 20 JD and to South Beach around 25 JD. Ask your Petra accommodations and Wadi Rum tour operator to arrange your transfers by taxi/bus. Most accommodations and tour operators arrange this free of charge.

Enjoy beautiful Jordan,

Bianca Abma

Wadi Rum Nomads

Petra
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hi,

It's good to see you are taking your time in Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba and not trying to see every tourist site in the country like some others. A taxi between Aqaba and Petra will probably cost around 45 JOD rather than 35 JOD. And as Bianca said, the Wadi Rum - Petra bus is a very good and cheap option, it doesn't have luggage storage so you will have your bags with you inside the bus but for your 5 days in Jordan you probably won't have too many large bags with you anyway. Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra Bed & Breakfast)

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
255 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

I'm in Aqaba now.

I paid 25 jd this afternoon for a car from Wadi Rum which was organised by the camp I stayed at (Khaled's camp)

I travelled from Petra to Wadi Rum the day before which cost me 35 JD and was arranged by Patricia ^ (Hi Patricia 🙋) as I stayed with her at Petra B&B which was like a home from home.

This is my last night of 4 ( full 5 days) and I have done Dead Sea, Petra, Petra horse riding, Wadi Rum and jeep tour. I've been snorkeling this afternoon and plan to relax at the beach tomorrow before flying back to Amman to connect with my flight home. I've not felt rushed at all.

Hope this is helpful

Juliette

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,266 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Juliette

nice to hear from you and that your are having good times.in Jordan.

I look forward to hearing more from your trip reports with handy tips

cheers

Raymond

Petra
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hi Juliettte 🙋,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it all. Have a great time tomorrow and a good flight home !

Patricia (Petra Bed & Breakfast)

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
255 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hi Raymond

The time of my flight tomorrow has been changed so unfortunately I won't make it back to see you.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,266 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: 5 days itinerary in Jordan ?

Hi Juliette

It was pleasure meeting people in person that I met on the forum

I am so glad to hear that you have had great time

I wish you a pleasant and safe flight tomorrow back home inslallah.

cheers

Raymond