We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

Lisboa
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

We're are going to Jordan in april and we have some questions regarding our plan.

we are staying for 13 days and we would really like some tips.

1) we arrive at Amman. Do you think we should stay for a whole day to enjoy amman?

2) Petra. We can go by bus from Amman, right? can we buy the tickets there? do you think 1 day is enought to enjoy the most of Petra?

3) Wadi Rum. How to go and for how long? we would like to stay for the night to enjoy the desert. Is it nice?

4) Dead Sea. Where and how to go? could we rent a car? it´s easy to drive in jordan?

5) what else would be interesting in jordan?

6) We would also like to visit jerusalem. How can we cross the boarder? and how long does it take from Amman to jerusalem?

Do we need a visa? and to return?

7) Is there any nice places in Israel nearby that we should visit

Many thanks,

Rita (Portugal)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

Hello Rita!

Crossing to border to Israel can be done through the Allenby/King Hussein border crossing during opening hours.

Portuguese passports do not need a visa to Israel, and if you go out of Jordan and return at the same point - being King Hussein/Allenby crossing - you don't have anything to worry about concerning Jordanian visas too.

There are many places to visit in Israel. I invite you to post in the Israel forum to get suggestions for your travel in the country. (The Israeli forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293977-i1733-Isra… )

Lisboa
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

Many thanks for your reply.

I will also post in the Israel forum.

Amman
Level Contributor
105 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

1- if you have enough time .. 1 day in Amman will be great .. many things to visit in Amman and you will enjoy too walking in down town - Rainbow street ..

citadel - Roman amphitheater ..and another nice interesting sits .

if you do not have enough time citadel & Roman amphitheater its enough as interesting site in Amman .

2- yes you can go to petra by bus .. take a taxi and told him you need to go to south bus station and he can drop you there near ( wadi musa ) bus ..

for some 1 he using bus to travel to petra i think 1 day its not enough .

3 - there is daily bus to wadi rum from wadi musa bus station ... But you should be there early a round 7:00 am .

wadi rum very interesting to try the desert life and sleeping in Bedouin tent its great experiment ... sunset & sunrise in wadi rum some thing you do not like to missed ... camel's - 4x4 tour ..

4_ driving in jordan its easy especially if you drive out of Amman .. be sure to ask for a map from rent car company .

people in Jordan they are friendly ... i am sure with map you will be ok .. and there is many sign in the road it will lead you .. if you feel you are not sure for the direction ... stop and ask ..

5- Jordan group of history and nice different type of nature .

Petra

Jerash

Um Qais

Um El Rasas

Madaba

Desert Castles

Kerak

Shobak

Ajloun

Bethany beyond the Jordan

Ajloun Nature Reserve

The Dana Nature Reserve

Al Mujib nature reserve

The Dead Sea

Wadi Rum

Aqaba

Amman

and more

Lisboa
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

Thanks for all your help. I look forward to visit Jordan.

Tisovec, Slovakia
Level Contributor
57 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

I would maybe use the service of one of the backpackers hotels (there are plenty of them) to get to the Dead Sea. On the way you can visit some other sites as well, or you can do a trip including Madaba, Nebo and the Dead Sea, and then go all the way to Petra. For Petra you need at least one full day, and I recommend a full day (with sleeping over) in Wadi Rum. From Wadi Rum, there is a bus going to Amman in the morning, so you can catch that, spend the rest of the day in Amman, and then go down to the Allenby border to cross over to Israel - this one is the closest for Jerusalem, and the ride once you get to Israel is less than an hour to reach Jerusalem. There are taxis that can take you from and to the border again. If you still have a day, I would head north - Jerash, Ajlun - amazing places. Jordan in the north is not the same you will have seen down by Petra and Wadi Rum.

6. Re: Help for a 13 days trip in Jordan and Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 14, 2014