We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short weekend Trip to Jordan

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Topic
Short weekend Trip to Jordan

Hello, Myself and a friend are visiting Jordan next week. Our plan is to arrive the Thursday afternoon, go straight to the dead Sea, spend the night there and have a swim in the morning before continuing on to Petra where we will stay Friday and Saturday night before returning to Amman on Sunday to fly out Sunday night. Does this sound doable? Any suggestions for transport? Hotels/Guesthouses? We are doing it on a little bit of a budget but would prefer to be safe, happy and have a wonderful experience during our trip. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Short weekend Trip to Jordan

Hi Triona,

Welcome to Jordan,

Since you on a little bit of a budget, i recommend you to stay at Amman.

In Dead Sea there are only 4 & 5 Stars hotels!

My modest suggestions:

Thursday: Arrival - Amman, stay at Amman downtown, and i highly recommend http://www.ammanpashahotel.com/

Friday: Amman - Take JETT bus to Dead Sea, swim at private beach, late afternoon back to Amman by JETT bus.

Saturday: At 6:30am take JETT bus to Petra, overnight in Petra

Sunday: Petra (At 4:30pm JETT bus) to Amman, dinner in Amman and take taxi to Airport.

OR

By private car with English speaking driver

Thursday: Arrival - Amman, stay at Amman downtown.

Friday: Amman - Madaba - Mt. Nebo - Dead Sea, swim at private beach, late afternoon drive south to Petra.

Saturday: Full day in Petra

Sunday: Petra - Little Petra - Dana - Kerak Castle - Airport

Or Petra - Little Petra - Wadi Rum (4WD) in Wadi Rum, and back to airport.

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short weekend Trip to Jordan

I recommend- www.ammanpashahotel.com

This hotel in the heart of Amman, between the Roman amphitheater and the Amman Citadel

Paris, France
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short weekend Trip to Jordan

Triona,

It is doable but since you mentioned that you are on a little bit of budget side staying in one of Dead Sea hotel is expensive compared to staying in one of a hotels in Amman. I would suggest this: arrive Thursday afternoon, go to Amman, spend night or from airport go to Madaba and spend a night there. Next day, Madaba, Nebo, Dead Sea(floating etc..), overnight Petra. The following day, Petra. Last Day, from Petra go to Wadi Rum for jeep tour then back to airport. I would suggest hiring a private car with English speaking driver.

4. Re: Short weekend Trip to Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 17, 2014