We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan- a safe country

Bradford
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan- a safe country

Just came back from a 12 day tour of Jordan. What really was striking was that Jordan is a very peaceful country and the people are extremely polite and known for their hospitality. Nothing that is happening in its neighbourhood- be it Iraq, Syria or Egypt- has affected the peace in Jordan. There were not many tourists though- maybe it was because of the hot weather or perhaps because of the widespread perecption that Middle East is not safe. While it suited me perfectly well that there wasn't a lot of tourists and I had most of the tourist destinations virtually for myself, I also felt that Jordan deserves better. Jordan has a lot to offer and should be a tourist destination in its own right- not to be clubbed with a tour of Egypt or Israel.

haysville,kansas
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Sounds like you enjoyed Jordan like I did. Unfortunately I only had five days there, so only saw a small portion. I am planning a return trip next fall to take in more of the wonderful jewel of a country.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jordan- a safe country

This is the low tourist season in the Middle East, from June to mid September. Hopefully, and if God wills it, there will be many more people there in October!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,274 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jordan- a safe country

sands Thanks for positive views on Jordan and the MIddle East.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you trip to Jordan

I trust intending visitors to Jordan will find comfort and ease in your post .

Ginrickey ,welcome back to Jordan

Yes there are good bargains at present especially during the month of Ramadan.

cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Hi I will be visiting Jordan in March/April for 16 days. Can you give me recommendations?

Thanks

Petra
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Hi Priya,

As I already said to one of your other posts: you have to be more specific if you want people to help ! Recommendations for what ? Hotels, restaurants, drivers, ... ?

Patricia (Petra B&B)

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Here here! A perfectly safe country and an amazing one to visit! I hope the tourism picks up soon as Jordan certainly deserves it.

Priya - 16 days is a great amount of time, you'll have a fab trip and won't be rushed at all. The main highlights I'd recommend would be Petra, Wadi Rum (I spent a night and afternoon there but could do more. Was still enough time to be wowed by it though), Dead Sea (indulge, relax, float!), Aqaba (red sea beach), Amman, Madaba and the other sights between: desert castles, Mount Nebo, Kings Highway and Little Petra. There's also Jerash and Dana Nature Reserve which I haven't been to but have heard they're wonderful.

I was lazy and didn't do the trip myself but went with a private company Red Rock Tours - based in Petra. They looked after everything including transport and accommodation. Have a great trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Hi thanks for your highlights! I've decided which places I want to visit and currently researching how to do Wadi Rum. I do want to stay overnight and glad to hear it's worth it! Have found the website for the tour company you mentioned.

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Indeed - it's www.redrock.jo and we were very happy with them. They do tailor made tours and are very flexible. There's also Bait Ali camp you could stay at in Wadi Rum but I think there are other smaller ones you could stay at x

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jordan- a safe country

its look like great tour in Jordan thats very good

Petra
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jordan- a safe country

Hi Priya,

Wadi Rum is definitely worth it, it's an amazingly beautiful place. A good local family to deal with is www.wadi-rum.com You can read reviews on TA, the name of the camp is Khaled's Camp. Have a great time !

Patricia (Petra B&B)