The maps in the Dead Sea area are confusing to me!
I see the Dead Sea (a main body of water) and then I see a smaller body of water south of that. In the southern and separate "body", I see Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar. The northern (main body) includes Ein Gedi and goes north into the West Bank and Jordan.
1. Is the southern body (with Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar) part of the Dead Sea?
2. I see a "Dead Sea Spa" in the main (northern and larger) body just south of Ein Gedi. Can one swim there? How does it compare to the southern body (Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar)?
3. For a 1.5 day stay in the Dead Sea area - in the summer - with the goal being seeing the sights (Masada, EIn Gedi and Dead Sea - including a swim in the sea)...do you recommend staying in:
- Ein Gedi and venturing to see the sights (above), or
- Ein Bokek and venturing to see the sights (above), or
- Neve Zohar and venturing to see the sights (above)