We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dead Sea Questions

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Dead Sea Questions

The maps in the Dead Sea area are confusing to me!

I see the Dead Sea (a main body of water) and then I see a smaller body of water south of that. In the southern and separate "body", I see Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar. The northern (main body) includes Ein Gedi and goes north into the West Bank and Jordan.

Few Questions:

1. Is the southern body (with Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar) part of the Dead Sea?

2. I see a "Dead Sea Spa" in the main (northern and larger) body just south of Ein Gedi. Can one swim there? How does it compare to the southern body (Ein Bokek and Neve Zohar)?

3. For a 1.5 day stay in the Dead Sea area - in the summer - with the goal being seeing the sights (Masada, EIn Gedi and Dead Sea - including a swim in the sea)...do you recommend staying in:

- Ein Gedi and venturing to see the sights (above), or

- Ein Bokek and venturing to see the sights (above), or

- Neve Zohar and venturing to see the sights (above)

Thank you

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dead Sea Questions

This was a very poignant one man show about an israeli arab and his vicissitudes during the mandate and the first years of the State, up till the eighties - he used to say he was not an optimist, and not a pessimist - an opsimist, he said, that's the best you can be.

22. Re: Dead Sea Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 22, 2009