We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Closure during weekend?

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Museum Closure during weekend?

Hello, I am planning my trip to Israel and I have a question about Tel Aviv Museums. This site is very helpful with all the museums in Israel (ilmuseums.com) however, I'm just confirming that these museums will indeed be closed Fri, Sat, and Sun. As I will only be in Tel Aviv Thurs. Night ,Fri, Sat and leave Sun.

Palmach Museum -Need to pre-book with tour group/multi people?(I am solo traveler)

Israel Defense Forces History Museum-Closed FRI,SAT,SUN

Hagana Museum-Closed FRI,SAT,SUN

Bible museum-As per my research only one that is opened during my stay Fri 0930-1230

Thanks for all your help!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

HI!

The Palmach museum is a museum you go through as a group. However, you can book as a solo and they will form groups. It may be a bunch of ones and twos or you may be adding to one larger group. It is imperative that you make a reservation, in advance for this museum. The sooner, the better

Israel Defense Museum is OPEN on Sunday

www.ilmuseums.com/museum_eng.asp?id=165

The Hagana Museum is open Sunday

http://www.ilmuseums.com/museum_eng.asp?id=61

The Bible Museum in TelAviv is open Sun.-Friday.

The Eretz Israel ( Land of Israel) Museum, which is very nice is open 7 days a week.

http://www.ilmuseums.com/museum_eng.asp?id=55

The Tel Aviv Museum of Art is open every day but Sunday.

The Ayalon Institute is open 7 days a week.

FAct is the majority of the museums are open on Saturday. Almost every museum is open Sunday. ( it is a regular work-day in Israel) Some places will have shorter days on Friday.

You have the webpage of museums. Check them all out and you will find no shortage of places to visit or things to do.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,581 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

In general Ministry of Defense museums -Palmach and Hagana are closed on Shabbat. All museums close early on Shabbat. If you are interested in the Palmach museum make a reservation as soon as possible as slots fill up quickly and you risk not being able to get a reservation.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,529 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

There is no reason for museums to be closed on Sunday, except for when there is areligious holiday which may affect some sites. Sunday is a regular workday.

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

Thank you so much for the information and helping me form some plans, it looks like Saturday and Sunday will be very busy busy for me!

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

Oreets,

It is (or used to be) common in the US for museums to close on the first working day of the week. It seems less common these days.

The Tel Aviv Museum of Art follows this example, and is closed on Sundays.

6. Re: Museum Closure during weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 23, 2015