We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Save Topic
Grand Beach Tel Aviv

I am going to stay at this hotel for a few days in June in a standard room. Have read mixed reviews about some rooms being renovated and some being quite tired.

Has anyone got a room number they can recommend that was nice, preferably with an ocean view?

Thanks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,082 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

You do not need to know a floor or room number. VisitBethlehem gave you accurate and proper advice on what to do when you get there.

Besides, hotels will never guarantee a specific room, they will only guarantee a level of room. They can't 100% control what is available. I'll give you an example. They guarantee room 4029 ( made up number) However, the guests in room 4029 decide to extend their stay. THere are plenty of rooms in the hotel, so of course the hotel says yes. It is unrealistic for them to expect or ask these people to move out of a room they have been in and into another room. ( It is also more expensive for the hotel) You would come, 4029 would NOT be available and you would be in a snit. This is never good-so hotels just avoid the whole thing.

6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

I'm well aware how hotels work, but if someone had a suggested number or floor I could request this and see what happens.

This post was to find out info from someone whose stayed there recently and has turned into a general discussion about seasons!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,332 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Re-reading you original message...

Perhaps you could just request a room with an ocean view. The chances of someone currently posting here knowing individual room numbers at any given hotel is very slim.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

Go to the review on Trip Advisor of this hotel. Sometimes there are remarks about certain rooms being better or worse and so on. I have written many reviews and I know what they contain. You could also PM the reviewer (a recent one) with questions.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293984-d308679…

There are "room tips" check them too. Do some homework :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

While most of the reviews are positive, it is a somewhat dated property that very seldom gets discussed on this forum. I stayed there twice in the late 1990s -- so long ago that I did not previously comment because I did not have more current information -- and even then it was dated. Now it may have been renovated and be better now. Again, the reviews are your best source, as Shoshi suggests.

But the lack of substantive response is likely a function of the fact that there are many more recent and popular hotel choices. In my years of being active on this forum, this is one of the first mentions of that hotel that I recall.

Douglas Duckett

17. Re: Grand Beach Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, May 21, 2015