We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gluten free dining and grocery stores

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
gluten free dining and grocery stores

Hi All,

I did a quick search and did not see any recent comprehensive threads on gluten free eating in Tel Aviv. I'm looking for suggestions on places to dine at as well as grocery stores that carry gluten free bread. Are most restaurants agreeable to preparing items gluten free such as plain fish/veggies?

How hard it is to find gluten free falafel? It is next to impossible in the US unless you make your own.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Heather you are a saint! I'm copying that list now and saving it as a Word file....

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

I've added this thread as a top question on the Israel forum under the heading Gluten Free Israel.

Thanks to Heather for the suggestion.

Edited: 12:25 pm, May 04, 2014
Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Thank. :).

I know I surfed into Trip Advisor looking for gluten free help when I was just lurking, so hopefully it will help people who need g/f options whether they post for help or not. People who are wheat intolerant also look for g/f options so it's not just coeliacs that it will help.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,296 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Heather--although this question is on the Tel aviv forum--I think we should make it a Top Question on the general Israel forum. Want to do the honors--or shall I

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Lol PRSV already put it into the Israel forum. (That is why I suggested that if he thought it was a good idea that he do it because I am a DE for Jerusalem... not for Israel so I couldn't do it).

The original question of course is in the Tel Aviv Forum. :)

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Wow everyone! Thanks so much! I am overwhelmed by the amount of information and really appreciate it. I am going to get to work on writing some of this stuff in my notebook. I'll be sure to report back on where I eat when I return. We leave in a little under 2 weeks.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

I just found another site giving details of gluten-free sites so though it was worth adding to this thread as it is in the top questions list.

igoogledisrael.com/2012/…

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
12,015 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Guys, you make me proud! Swift and plentiful response! No wonder OP is overwhelmed.

Yashar Koah!

Yuri.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

Someone just recommended this place to me as doing great gluten free falafel in Tel Aviv near the Carmel Market

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g293984…

Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: gluten free dining and grocery stores

There is a Gluten free place with falafels right near the Burnt House in Jerusalem. Go up the steps to see a marvelous view and dine inside or out.