We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

Hello,

on the day of my arrival in Israel, I expect to arrive at the accommodation I have booked (Hayarkon 48 hostel) around 9:30 pm on a Saturday evening.

Given that it will be quite late - and I will be tired, hungry and not familiar with the area - can anyone suggest a decent and trusted place in the surroundings of the hostel for a quick but tasty bite?

Thanks

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

Everything is open on Saturday evenings and your hostel is in an area with any restaurants:

http://goo.gl/maps/Aqi4Z

You can walk over to the "Opera Tower" and there are several fast-food places there, including an "Aroma Cafe" that always has good sandwiches and salads. There are many restaurants and coffee shops along the seaside promenade.

Alternatively, you can walk east along Allenby (away from the sea). A place that I like is Cafe Bialik (2 Bialik St. corner Allenby).

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
341 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

MBGG has given you good advice. You can also ask the staff at the hostel for more definitive information. There are many places to grab a bite in the area if you want it fast.

I wanted to say that the 48 Hostel is a good choice for budget travelers and I hope your stay there is satisfactory.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

That's a great tip, Jon-Dan (and Dotting). We often get people asking for budget accommodations in Tel Aviv, and that's not easy, as you well know.

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

About a nine minute walk from your hostel is Café Metzada at Ha-Yarkon 83. It's a delightful little place, and on my 2012 visit with two friends, that was our arrival-night dinner location. I enjoyed that a lot.

Have a great visit!

Douglas Duckett

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

Thanks all for your suggestions!

I will be staying at Hostel Hayarkon 48 for 2 nights, in a private room (not dorm), with a friend; happy to hear it is a good choice and the area is lively, as indeed it was not easy to find budget accommodation that looked fine.

I will definitely look into Bialik Cafe and Café Metzada: they are just the sort of place I had in mind for arrival-night dinner.

Thanks

6. Re: Dining options close to Hayarkon 48

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 25, 2015