We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival late flight Friday

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arrival late flight Friday

Needing help, we arrive 8.15pm Friday night and plan to drive to Tiberias Saturday morning.

Should we collect rental car from airport and drive to accommodation or public transport to accommodation then pickup rental car Saturday morning.

Accommodation suggestions needed for 2 adults only 1 night.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

It sure does change options. However, there is no practical way to get from the airport to Tiberias by public transport. There are trains to Haifa and buses from there, but by the time you got to Haifa you would have missed the last bus to Tiberias, which is at 22:10.

Take a taxi or the train to Tel Aviv*, stay in Tel Aviv that night, and rent a car on Monday morning.

*There are several railway stations in Tel Aviv, all served by the same trains from the airport, but with the exception of the Leonardo City Tower already mentioned - adjacent to Tel Aviv Savidor Merkaz railway station - no hotels are close to stations so you would end up having to take a taxi from the railway station to the hotel anyway.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,392 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

I would urge you to follow Heather's advice and either splurge for a taxi to Tiberias or spend a few days in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem until your body clock catches up with your reality. Heather has been here more than once and she speaks from the voice of experience. I would not want to start driving in the dark, on the "wrong side of the road" while tired.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

Taxi (night rate - it will be after 9 p.m. by the time you are out of the airport) to Tiberias is 890 shekels. There is a small extra charge for luggage. You don't need to tip the driver.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

Coming in at that time of night I would definitely not go straight to Tiberias. (My flight gets in first thing in the morning.) I would go by taxi to a hotel in Tel Aviv and let them know my expected time of arrival there. If your flight arrives at 8:15 it could take you perhaps an hour to get through customs and then maybe half an hour by taxi to Tel Aviv. So I would tell the hotel you expect your arrival time to be 10 pm if your plane is on schedule.

If you stay at or near the Prima City Hotel in Mapu Street then you will literally be just around the corner from the Avis Car rental place.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/il/city.en-gb.html?sid=0ff94cf3b875cf048debac9644d5baa9;dcid=1;srfid=57312f68e612145cb86bedbc0f014f2466af83d4X10

http://rent.avis.co.il

Edited: 8:23 am, February 24, 2014
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

Yes, Heather is right (excellent perspective from an Australian!). Spend that first night in Tel Aviv. It is a LONG drive from the airport to Tiberias, and you will most likely want to do only one thing once you get off the plane: fall into bed.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

Oh, I strongly recommend you book the car at the Israeli site I linked to in order to be sure all the costs are covered. I suggest too that you use a Google Chrome - it seems to work better with a lot of Israeli sites.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

A huge thankyou Heather and everyone else. I will book night at Tel Aviv and start a fresh Monday morning. What should the taxi fare cost to Tel Aviv?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

Taxi fare after 9 p.m. from the airport to Tel Aviv is 163 shekels, plus a small extra charge for luggage.

Don't go with anyone who approaches you inside the arrivals hall. Go to the taxi stand immediately outside the arrivals hall, where a dispatcher will put you into an official taxi at the official rate.

19. Re: Arrival late flight Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 27, 2015