We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

What is the best way for me to travel from Ben Gurion Airport to Jeruselum? I will be staying at the Mount Zion Hotel? Thanks.

dallas
Level Contributor
416 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

You can get a Sherut taxi (shared taxi/van) or about $19 per person. I believe a private taxi runs around $80-$90. We used a Sherut in 2009 and it worked out great :)

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

Thanks that sounds good. :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,263 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

Just to expand on what tantoria wrote: The "sherut taxi" is the Nesher shuttle, which will take you to your accommodation. It's 10-seater minibuses, they go when they are full, and they fill up quickly. You might be delivered first, or you might get a tour of Jerusalem, depending on where everyone wants to be dropped off. It costs NIS 64 including luggage. It is of course much cheaper than a taxi (especially for one person) but not as fast.

And whichever you choose, you don't tip the driver. It's not standard practice to tip taxi drivers in Israel, unless they perform some extra service such as carrying your luggage upstairs.

Edited: 1:30 am, February 04, 2014
4. Re: Traveling from Ben Gurion Airport for Jerusalum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2015