We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
153 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Hello everyone,

When I am in Israel in February I will be staying at the Sea Executive Suites in Tel Aviv at 6 Herbert Samuel St. The hotel serves breakfast but I have been told that it is one that is not worth the 80 NIS per person per day cost. I can't think of any breakfast that is worth basically $44 US Dollars a day for two people, so I am looking to find out about any recommended breakfast places around that part of Tel Aviv that are hopefully better and cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Sea Executive Suites
Sea Executive Suites
998 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
688 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,765 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Are you sure that breakfast is not included in the price of the room, as is standard for Israels hotels?

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
153 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Yes, the Sea Executive Suites offered a "breakfast included rate" that was 80 NIS more per day, so I chose the non-inclusive option.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Executive Suites
Sea Executive Suites
998 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Israeli hotel breakfasts are huge, probably unlike anything you have ever seen. There's always a massive self-service selection of (in no particular order) eggs cooked in various ways, cheeses of numerous kinds, assorted breads and crackers, fruit, salads, fish, coffee, tea, cereals, yogurts, and I've probably left a few things out. With a breakfast like that you won't want much lunch.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

There are two options nearby that I recommend. 1. Mezzada café - go north and pass the US embassy, climb the stairs. 2. Yotveta that is next to your hotel . You can try the cafes on the beach itself (on the sand). If you order the full breakfast it won't be much cheaper. I am not sure the hotel has its own dining room and they might be using Yotveta café. Why not ask them? Of course when you go out, its up to you how much you order and you pay accordingly. One word of advice, prices in Israel are very high. Check with us where to eat and shop.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,567 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

You will find that a typical Israeli breakfast in a cafe will run you about 50 NIS per person or more, sometimes there will be a brakfast for 2, again about 90 shekels.

Typically the hotel breakfast will offer you much more.

Breakfast will keep you going well into late afternoon.

On the other hand if all you want is coffee and a sweet roll, that will run you about 20-25 per person.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
153 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Thanks for the input. I have noticed that prices look to be pretty steep at a lot of places. It looks like it may be hard to find places to eat for less than 50 NIS per person for breakfasts and lunches, which is much more expensive than an average breakfast and lunch here in the states.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,567 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

You can actually get a very large and filling lunch of falafel or shawarma, with a drink for about 30 NIS. The minute you go into a cafe the prices will go up - but you need to be aware that portions are very generous.

Also - just to give you a general idea of what breakfast in a cafe includes (very different from the US) - two eggs, bread, butter, jam, vegetable salad, other spreads - which can often include avocado, tuna, cream cheeses, also olives, tahini -- a tremendous amount of food.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,219 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

I understand you're travelling alone (you mention "I" rather than "we" in your threads), but if there are two of you, in a café you can ask for one portion and two plates. This is perfectly acceptable, and the portions are enough for two people anyway.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
153 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Actually, my wife is travelling with me! :) I am really excited to enjoy falafel and hummus in Israel, as is my wife. She is vegan, so any decently priced good places that have entree items with no meat or dairy would be great to find out about too!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,567 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast spots near Sea Executive Suites

Your wife will be able to find plenty of options here - to begin with, any kosher restaurant that is a dairy restaurant will have absolutely no meat. There is enough awareness of different eating choices here that she will be able to find lots of vegan options. If in doubt the Hebrew word for vegan is "tiv'onit" (that is in the feminine) - or simply explain no eggs or dairy.

There are a number of nice restaurants that are vegetarian/vegan if you are looking for a nice dinner out.

Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv