We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Split, Croatia
3 posts
Save Topic
Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Hi

Recently I booked a hotel in Bet Eshel street...as I can see it is considered as a part of Old Jaffa.

I wonder is it safe for two girls to walk there by night without men company?

In some photos it looks like a street with little shops which are for sure closed by night, there are no large buildings so it could be place with not so many people at that time!?

Bat Yam, Israel
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Whats the name of the Hotel? The adress?

This area has nice restaurants and small and lovelly coffe shops which are open till late hours.

If you ask me, most of the area is quiet at night but safe.

If you need help, I live just nearby..

Just kidding, ENJOY!!!

Split, Croatia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Thank you for your answer.

It is Beit Eshel 24.

Not sure if it is Bet or Beit correct. :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,296 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

What is the name of the place you are staying at? You are giving an address, but not a name. Whlle Old Jaffa is safe, not sure if where you are staying is legit? Where did you get this place from?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

I think she is staying at the "Clock Hotel" , 24 Bet Eshel, in the flea market, one block east of Dr. Shakshouka.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,957 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

The hotel is not in the old city, but just outside. At night there are alot of people walking around, until very late at night so you have nothing to worry about. Just use common sense and you should be fine. In general Israel is safer than most countries when it comes to large and/or Old Cities.

Enjoy!

Chana

Split, Croatia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Yes, it is Clock Hotel near some market.

I was reading that south part is less safe so I had doubts but as Old Jaffa is touristic place I suppose it should be fine.

Chana I read your comments on other topics also - very helpful!

Thank you all very much!

Edited: 4:16 am, August 29, 2013
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,296 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

Drove near that area in a cab last month. Traffic was intense due to all the people out and about and all the bars/clubs.

8. Re: Is Old Jaffa safe for girls by night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 31, 2014