We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

I am booked in the Melody Hotel for our return trip in October 2006. But the hotel has been under a major renovation and reconstruction since last December, with three floors being added. It was supposed to be done by May, but (I know those of you who know Israel will be SHOCKED!), it's still not done. The estimated completion date is now August or September. While I assume they have incentives to get this done before the fall holiday season, still it makes me nervous.

So, through Orit of Regent Tours, we've booked back up reservations at the Metropolitan Hotel on Trumpeldor between Ha-Yarkon and Ben Yehuda. I checked out the Trip Advisor reviews (fine overall) and the web site, and it looks fine. Orit recommended this over the Cinema, primarily because of location and noise. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks, and have a good week, all!

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Bay Area
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Douglas,

We are staying at the Metropolitan this coming Saturday and Sunday and I will let you know how it is. I also read the reviews and it seemed ok. I'm getting excited!!

Mina

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

all i can tell you is that the positioning is good - it's like a two-minute walk to the beach. so i guess you can't go wrong. the rooms are a little on the small side, but from what i remember, were clean and tidy.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Please do report on your stay at the Metropolitan, we will be staying there later in the month. I am wondering if they have two buildings, one remodeled and the other not? We are supposed to have two double rooms, that are connecting.

Thank you.

Toledo
Level Contributor
399 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Douglas, During our March trip to Israel, we stayed at the Metropolitan on Trumpeldor St. for 4 nights. I will definitely stay there again when we return some day. We paid $155. per night for a small suite. The location is great. It was a rather long walk but we enjoyed the walk along the beach to old Jaffa. Our suite was lovely and very comfortable. Desk clerks were helpful and buffet breakfast was excellent. However, you really do not want to have dinner there. Dinner is served buffet style and leaves alot to be desired. After that dinner experience, we followed your suggestion and walked to the Olive Tree for dinner which was great.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Thanks, 2Goers! I am still hoping the Melody reservations are done in time, but your comments (as well as those of others) help me feel better about this as a back up.

I never do dinner at hotels unless there is no other alternative, so that won't be a problem. My problem is squeezing in all the Tel Aviv restaurants I want to eat in over just three evenings! :-)

So I'll start another discussion in another thread on that topic.....

Douglas Duckett

6. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, June 13, 2006
Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

Douglas.......we are the seniors self-touring of November,2005.

Orit recommended the Metropolitan and we found it to be very nice.

We had an ocean view room.

The buffet breakfast was very good.

It was quiet and there were French,Israeli and Russian tourists.

We had 4 very nice nights there and paid $US89/night.

Anyway...it's nice to give you some advice...since you gave us SO MUCH great advice which helped us plan and take THE GREATEST TRIP OF OUR LIVES!!!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

You're very welcome, Paul, and I was glad to be of help -- and that you had such a wonderful trip!

Douglas Duckett

9. Re: Metropolitan Hotel -- recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 16, 2009