We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
571 posts
745 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

Dear all,

I will be arriving at Ben Gurion airport at 3 am on may 14th. I am told that I should be out of the airport in about 1 hr after arrival.

What are all the options for getting from the airport to crowne plaza beach hotel

How much will a cab cost?

Are there modes of public transport that run at this time ? Are there shared airport shuttles available?

Thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

THere are NEVER shared shuttles ( sherut) from the airport to and from Tel Aviv. You basically have two choices. You can take a train to Tel Aviv, runs hourly and cost 15NIS . There is a train at 2:50, 3:50 and then again at 4:50. You would then have to take a taxi to your hotel. It is noT waling distance. Alternatively you take a private taxi. It is 157 NIS, a few shekels if you are more than two people and a few shekel per each piece of luggage.

edited to add: make sure your hotel knows what time you are arriving. ( I am assuming you have a reservation from the night before) so they do not think you are a no show!

Edited: 8:27 pm, April 21, 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

Just to add to post #1, if you decide to take the train, get off at the Savidor station.

A taxi ride from there to the hotel should take 10 minutes and cost ~35 NIS using the meter.

http://goo.gl/maps/gTIRd

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,240 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

At that hour, traveling from the US -- I'd spend the money to take a taxi from the airport. You will be exhausted, and for me, I would not be up for navigating the train and cab change after such a long trip. I'd want to go straight to the hotel and get some sleep.

But yes, it's a viable option -- and my answer would be different in different circumstances. In any event, it's your choice -- good luck and pleasant travels!

Douglas Duckett

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
571 posts
745 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

Thanks for the tips!

Kfar Saba
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

Take a taxi!

Ask to taxi coordinator for a recommended price.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

maoodi

There is NO "recommended" price. There are prices that are set by the government. The dispatcher at the airport will give you the regulated price. Your post will only serve to confuse the tourist asking the question. Those of us quoting prices on this forum are not pulling numbers off the top of our heads, we are looking at and quoting the official rates! ( be it from the airport or anyplace else) BTW on the rare occasions a person is looking to go to a small town that is not on the list, we find the closest listed place and TELL the poster that we did that!

7. Re: Transport from TLV airport to crowne plaza beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv