We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something restful to do (or place to be) before late flight?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Something restful to do (or place to be) before late flight?

I'll be flying in July from TLV to the US on a flight that leaves TLV at 11.30 pm. We will have checked out of our rental apartment at 10.00 am that day (no option to stay later--next set of guests are arriving that day) and I am trying to figure out how we can spend the day and evening. My husband and I could just do sightseeing, but we will have my 87 y.o. mother in law with us, who needs a wheelchair to go more than a block or two and tires easily. It would be great to find a hotel that would let us book a room just for the day, so that we could relax, but I have looked on TA and there don't seem to be hotels that offer "day rates." I've also looked for air-conditioned bus tours, but haven't yet found any that take less than 9-10 hours, which will be too much for my MIL. Any other ideas for an interesting but non-strenuous way to spend the day??

Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
11. Re: Something restful to do (or place to be) before late flight?

Just to close the loop, I did e-mail the Dan Panorama and received this reply: "Yes, we have an option for a day use and the reservation is made 1 day before upon availability. The rate will updated as well closer to the date."

So, unless the hotel is full I think that will turn out to be a great option. If not, we'll have the Gordon pool as a back-up.

12. Re: Something restful to do (or place to be) before late flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 06, 2014