We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really cheap car rental :P

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Really cheap car rental :P

Hello :)

Someone knows a local car rental company that have better prices the "international ones" ?

thx :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

Depending upon when you are planning to visit there are no cheap car rentals. During low season you should try Eldan. BTW you do NOT need or want a car in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

Mentioned in this post
Eldan Hotel
Eldan Hotel
911 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,091 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

I agree with the above -- use Eldan, and if you book on the Internet (www.eldan.co.il), you will get some price break. But really cheap could equal really unreliable or poor service -- not advisable in this case.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Eldan Hotel
Eldan Hotel
911 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,946 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

If you don't have the money to rent a decent car, just don't rent a car. You will have to pay for petrol and parking which really add on the price of the rental.

Public transportation by bus, shared taxi (sherut) and train is fantastically inexpensive in Israel, probably the only thing that is!

The money you save on car rental you can put towards extra admissions to sites or the occasional taxi.

This would limit your access to some locations in the Galilee but if cost is a factor, then being in the cities or seeing the sites on major bus or train routes will work for you.

Edited: 12:44 pm, February 17, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

The idea of renting a car is because we thought in sleeping in Tel Aviv and from there go to Jerusalem, Haifa, Acre and the Galilee See and probably we'll be 5 or 7 persons so we'll share the costs ...

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Acre
Acre
Galilee
Galilee
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

no, no, no!

First of all, you do not want to stay in one city. The amount of time you will spend going back and forth is ridiculous. Israel may be small but it has loads of traffic etc. etc. You DO want to spend maybe 1 or 2 nights in Tel Aviv, 1 or 2 nights up North and the balance in Jerusalem. This way, the only time you need a car is for the middle days. Also, do you realize you will need a van for that many people The biggest problem with vans is they do not have hidden luggage areas. It is never a good idea, anywhere in the world, to travel with visible luggage in a vehicle. ( you can travel, but you can't safely park)

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

First of all, sorry about the duplicate posting and thx everyone for your answers :)

I'll see with the rest of the people the possibility to reschedule the trip but the problem is our vacations here ...

Unfortunately the flight prices from Portugal didn't change much if I book to October or November. I'll now check with travel agencies here in PT if they have some charters flights ...

Again, thank you very much and I hope I'll soon be back to this forums to ask some tips about special places ... I'm still confidant that this year Israel will be a destination :D

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

This is the THIRD time you apologized for duplicate postings. ( and I have a feeling there is going to be an apology on every thread you opened. STOP! you should realize we all read all of them.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

I just posted like a last time double posting :P

I'll try to change my vacations in the work ... sometimes is not easy :(

9. Re: Really cheap car rental :P

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv