We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
shabbat in tel aviv weeding

I,

I'm looking for a good place in tel aviv to have a shabbat hatan and it's very hard and very expensive in hotels...

Maybe do you know a good place where we can do our shabbat hatan for friday and saturday but i need something close tel aviv center.... thanks a lot

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,888 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

You should us more details like number of guests, where are you staying and what kind of services you need in that place.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

If you are in Israel call Ophir Tours which has a special department arranging for Shabbatot Chatan. Their main number is 03-526-9800, press 0 for operator and ask for domestic groups department.

This is for a hotel affair, so why Tel Aviv? If guests are in the hotel there are many liw cost satisfactory places to make this type of simcha.

Chana

Israel

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Hi

We Will be around 150 pers and want to pay around 150sh max par pers

We Will sleep around intercontinental so maybe something close jaffa or névé tsedek

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Are you looking for someplace to hold a minyan, someplace to have a meal, or both?

For meals, hotels are practically your only option for a kosher meal. Is that a consideration?

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

We are looking for both

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Staying at the Intercontinental makes it even more limiting if you don't want to have the meal at the hotel itself. Maybe at the Dan Panorama (near to Intercontinental, maybe a less expensive meal price? It's still a hotel, though...).

Have you already booked the Intercontinental? I'm thinking maybe you could stay somewhere slightly less expensive and put the saved $ into a hotel-catered meal.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Orthodox, conservative or reform ?

Please provide more information !!!!

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Conservative and séfarade and we don't Want to be in a hotel for shabbat we Want to move somewhere it s very sad i think in hotel

Edited: 4:20 am, April 23, 2013
Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

I don't know if the Masorti Movement uses the Sefardic nusach -- I was under the impression they use the Ashkenazi nusach.

The Great Synagogue in Tel Aviv has an events hall. Maybe they have some arrangement for catered shabbat afternoon meals? They are Orthodox, though.

Google tells me that Kehilat Sinai is a Masorti (Conservative) synagogue in Tel Aviv. I don't know if you can have a lunch for 150 people there, but maybe you'll be able to hold the service there.

Also, I think there is a Masorti synagogue that was just built near the Schecter Institute's branch in Neve Tzedek. I am sure they can help you. I think their synagogue is even constructed in a Sepharic style (I don't know about the tefillah).

Edited: 6:30 am, April 23, 2013
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shabbat in tel aviv weeding

Thank you for your answer i don't speak hebrew so it's difficult to organise a Wedding there...