We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Day in Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
356 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Extra Day in Tel Aviv

In June, we (family with teens) are going to Israel with a 12 day bar mitzvah tour (all settled). The tour ends in Tel Aviv on a Thursday night, but we are electing to stay one extra day/night at the end of the trip. We will have seen Independence Hall, Museum of Diaspora, Ayalon Institute and Old Jaffa with the tour. What should we do on friday?

I was looking at the Palmach museum, Carmel Market and Nachalat Binyamin, and the beach. Is Palmach too similar to Ayalon? should we do something different? also, dinner suggestions for friday night with teens?

Thanks for any help!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Extra Day in Tel Aviv

Often people hear they are booked up but if you phone them and plead your case, as in this is the only day you can be there, so important for your teenagers, they might fit you in. I have seen this work a few times after people had been told by email that there were no spots available.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Extra Day in Tel Aviv

I agree in phoning and talking to them.The way it works is you get an orientation talk for 5-7 minutes.Then you go in with headphones ( for those who are not speaking Hebrew. My "English" tour this past summer consisted of 5 English speakers and the balance were Hebrew speakers. We had a private orientation and then joined the Hebrew group. I was initially concerned as to how this would work. ( I had been to the museum many times, but was bringing my friend) I was relieved that it basically worked very well. It would seem to me, as long as someone can give the short explanation, you can join any tour. BTW I have realized that the headphones do NOT give a strict translation.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
356 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Extra Day in Tel Aviv

Such good information. I will plead our case and let you know if it works out. THanks.

troy mi
Level Contributor
909 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Extra Day in Tel Aviv

I will offer a different perspective based on my experience with teens and tours. By Thursday night, you may be "toured" out and just need a day to decompress before the flight home, especially if you're taking one of the early morning flights out of BG.

And there's no better place for that than the Tel Aviv beaches. So, IMHO, a relaxing breakfast on the beach (not sure where you are staying), followed by a walk south to the 2 markets you mentioned and ending the day with dinner at the Port area at one of the hundreds (so it seems) of the casual restaurants.

15. Re: Extra Day in Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 03, 2014