We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sherut

new york
3 posts
Save Topic
sherut

Me and my wife will be staying in Tel aviv this May.My wife is very nervous about using public buses in Israel.Can anybody please tell me about sherut.How much would it cost to go to Jerusalem by sherut?is it running friday or saturday?where can we catch it in Tel aviv? Thanks. David

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sherut

Busses rom Tel Aviv to Jerusalem go from the central bus station (every 15 or 20 minutes) and from teh Arlozorov train station (every 8 to 12 minutes). The ride takes about an hour.

For time table look at

www.egged.co.il

There is also a train from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. It takes an hour an a half. It may be worth it for the scenic route.

www.israril.org.il

No reservation needed on both

Israel
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: sherut

Hello David

You can use the SHERUT Taxis from Tel-Aviv central bus station. as far as I know, they are running all week long, days and nights, including Saturday. I don't know the prices, but it is more or less same as the bus during days (about 20 NIS), and on nights and Saturdays the price is a little higher.

There is also a train from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, but it takes a long time (about 1.5 hours, about twice than in bus or SHERUT), and it goes to Malha, which is a little far from the center of Jerusalem.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Rami.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: sherut

Re: Tel Aviv/Jerusalem transportation - sherut vs. bus.

The Sherut in Jerusalem starts and ends in the city center, whereas the bus starts and ends at the Central Bus Station which is further out (but not as far out as the train station).

It seems to me that the final destination or starting point in Jerusalem should have an impact on the choice.

For example, when I was in Jerusalem last month, I took a city bus to the Centra Bus stations where I took an inter-city bus to Tel Aviv. In retrospect, since I was staying three blocks from the sherut stop, it would have been more convenient and quicker for me to just walk over there and take the sherut.

The sherut pick-up point in Jerusalem is a parking lot on Rav Kook Street between Jaffa Street and Ha'Neviim Street. Walking on Rav Kook from Jaffa to Ha'Neviim, the parking lot is on the left. The sheruts are yellow mini-buses. You can't miss them.

14. Re: sherut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, January 19, 2009
15. Re: sherut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 02, 2009