We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

Shalom ! I'll be arriving in Ben Gurion Airport at 12h10 pm & I saw I have a bus from Jerusalem Central Bus Station to Ein Bokek leaving at 16h15... Do you know if I have time to reach the station before the bus leaves? What would be the best/quick way to reach the station? Sherut? Taxi? Bus?

Toda Raba :-)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,031 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

From the airport, take the Nesher sherut to Jerusalem. It will drop you anywhere in the city, so ask to be dropped at the central bus station.

The sherut leaves when it's full and it fills up quickly. Since you want the cbs, you'll probably be the first passenger to be dropped off. You should have plenty of time to catch your bus.

There is no direct bus from the airport to Jerusalem; you take the local No. 5 bus from outside the airport and then have to change for another bus at a remote location in the middle of a field. You could easily wait half an hour for this other bus, the 947, which comes from Haifa. Not recommended!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,641 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

Barring unforeseen difficulties you should make the bus out of Jerusalem easily.

If your flight lands on time you should be out of the terminal in about an hour or so.

Do not plan on taking a bus to Jerusalem - it's not convenient, you need more than one bus and there is no guarantee that the bus will stop for you if he's full.

If you are out around 13:30 you can see if the sherut is an option - if you are the last or next to last passenger you should be fine - check with the driver you may end up being one of the first to be dropped off in Jerusalem.

If not, then take a taxi directly to the Central Bus Station - the ride should take about an hour that time of day.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,641 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

Obviously, both of us typing at the same time with the same suggestions.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

Toda raba to both of you ! :-) That was very quick and everything very helpfull ! TODA :-)

5. Re: Ben Gurion ==> Ein Bokek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 14, 2013