We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv and Jerusalem what to wear

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Tel Aviv and Jerusalem what to wear

Hi There,

I am a blonde haired blue eyed british woman and am due to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem in September with my husband and wanted to get some advice about appropriate clothing to wear whilst out sightseeing and on the beach?

Julia

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv and Jerusalem what to wear

This question is posted frequently on this forum. Here is a recent thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k5…

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv and Jerusalem what to wear

Anything goes in Tel Aviv -- sleeveless, spaghetti straps, shorts, short or long skirts. Bikinis on the beach are fine. It will still be quite warm. Jerusalem is different matter. For site-seeing especially in the Old City, you want to have your knees covered with pants or a long skirt and have a long-sleeved blouse to throw on if you wish to visit religious holy sites or if you wish to stroll in the very religious neighborhood of Mea She'arim just outside of the Old City. Also Jerusalem can get a little chilly at night. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Jaffa Old City
Jaffa Old City
8,396 Reviews
Jaffa, Israel
3. Re: Tel Aviv and Jerusalem what to wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 29, 2013