We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help. Please

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help. Please

I have booked the Sheraton Towers and David Intercontential. There are mixed reviews on TA about both hotels. Can you please tell me which of the too is better. I am interested in lying at the beach for a few days, how far is the David from the beach, and what busy street do we cross to get to the beach from the Sheraton?

I am arriving early September, I assume it is still hot and swimming weather,

Thanks I would appreciate any feedback

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help. Please

The weather at the beginning of Sept will still be very warm.

None of the hotels in Tel-Aviv have a private beach. A few are on the beach promenade but most - including the two you mention - are across the street (Herbert Samuel or Hayarkon). You can see this on Google Maps and Streetview.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help. Please

The Sheraton is closer to the beach, the David Inercontinental is a nicer hotel and a bit further from the beach but closer to attractions in the center of town. September is still summer so it will still be hot.

Chana

Israel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help. Please

The Sheraton is better for enjoying the beach. You get out of the hotel and you are on a nice beach. The sea neae the Intercontinental is not suitable for swimming, as a matter of fact swimming is forbiden there. Both have pros and cons, I would take the Sheraton.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help. Please

If the beach is your priority, then the Sheraton. It is literally steps away.

The David Intercontinental is a very luxurious hotel, and if it is that luxurious feel you want, then that is where you would stay. It is still walking distance to the beach but not nearly as close as the Sheraton.

los angeles
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help. Please

Would you please tell me which hotel is more in the center Intercontinental or Sheraton? Which hotel is better for women travelers? which area is more happening? I heard Sheraton is going to be under construction in January, Do you think Dan is better or Sheraton or Intercontinental? Can we walk to Dizengoff area from Sheraton or Dan? Is it close?

Is there any night life around Sheraton or Dan? Or Intercontinental has better night life. which hotel is better to go in winter time. Please help.

Thank you for your help.

Edited: 11:22 pm, November 11, 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help. Please

The Sheraton Tel Aviv and the Dan Tel Aviv are both located in the center of the beach promenade of Tel Aviv. Both are within walking distance of Dizengoff Street and much of central Tel Aviv. Both are located directly on the beach.

The David Intercontinental may be a bit more upscale. It is located at the southern end of the hotel strip, closer to Old Jaffa and Neve Tzedek. This hotel is located across a busy street from the beach.

If you are looking for the nicest of the three hotels and are not planning to go to the beach (winter), you might prefer the David Intercontinental.

7. Re: Hotel help. Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 13, 2013