We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel (Weather in June, etc)

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
314 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Israel (Weather in June, etc)

What is the weather like for a visit in June.

I would like to come during the first two weeks.

I am interested in history, culture, food, and hiking in the desert.

Is 12 days enough to go from north to south ? I will use Tel Aviv as my base.

Can some recommend tour companies ?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

The weather in June will be warm but still very comfortable and cooler than July-August. The weather varies according to area, but in general the highs will be about 80-85F and there will be absolutely no rain. The humidity will vary from 70% along the coast to 45% in Jerusalem and the Galilee.

Twelve days will enable you to see much of the country. You should not use Tel-Aviv as your sole base but instead divide your time between Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv, the Galilee and the Negev (if you want to see the desert). Although Israel is a small country, you will waste a lot of time travelling back and forth from Tel-Aviv.

It is not clear whether you want an organised tour for the 12 days or whether you want to do this vacation on your own (which is not a problem).

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

The first two weeks of June is a perfect time to visit Israel. In early June the serious heat of the summer usually has not yet set in.

As you were advised above, it would be a mistake to use Tel Aviv as your base for the duration of your trip. If you plan to tour independently (or integrate days with a guide into you itinerary), I suggest the following bases and in the following order, leaving Jerusalem for last:

3 nights Tel Aviv - Consider a hotel in the Atlas Group (www.atlas.co.il)

1 night Haifa or Western Galilee

3 nights Galilee - Consider the Pastoral Kfar Blum, Hagoshrim, or Kibbutz Lavi kibbutz guesthouses, or the Ramot Resort.

4 nights Jerusalem

From Jerusalem, you can do a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea. You'll head directly from Jerusalem to Ben Gurion Airport for your departure.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
314 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

Thanks for your responses so far.

I want to include Ramallah, Jericho and the Golan as well. I thought I could go to Ramallah from Jeruselam by bus.

Any suggestions on decent tour companies. I will need the services of the guide they provide for some areas. I think I can manage on my own in Tel Aviv but would like to consider a guide.

London, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

Ramallah is 30 minutes from Jerusalem by bus. Head to the Palestinian bus station on the Nablus Road just outside Damascus Gate where you'll find the no. 18 bus direct to Ramallah. The bus station isn't hard to miss - all the buses are green and white and the area's usually very busy.

For further information on travel in the West Bank I suggest you post on the West Bank and Gaza forum too.

Baton Rouge...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

We are considering going to Israel with a tour co from June 11 thru June 23 or in dec. I would rather go in June but I am worried about it being too hot to enjoy touring. Do you ever get 95 to 100 degrees fareinheit or is it really in the 85 degree range?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

there can be heat waves reeaching that temperature....especially in the Dead Sea and Negev region

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

It will be hot, but not necessarily blazing hot in June. Nevertheless, I still believe that time to be preferable for touring over December. In December, you risk the chance for some rainy days to challenge your touring.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,076 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

Atlantic Coast, I would not make Tel Aviv as an only base. If you are renting a car, drive to the north for a few days and to the south, but not back and forth each day, as it is too time consuming. To Ramallah and Jericho you need to travel from Jerusalem, and not in a rented car. If you are an individual and wanted guided tours, try Bein Harim or Rent-a-Guide for tours out of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem or Guy Tours for tours out of Haifa.

Bubbesara, the weather is much nicer in June than in December, plus you have more hours of light which will enhance your visit and allow you to see and do more than if you come in December. Also, as Dave points out, it may rain in December with temperatures in the 40-50's making it potentially a bit miserable for touring. I would come in June and plan on indoor a/c sites if you hear about a heatwave coming (the meteorologists are good at predicting them during this season).

Chana

Israel

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

I was in Israel in June this year. In fact it was May and the beginning of June. The weather was fabulous but then I like the heat. The nearer the end of June you get the hotter it becomes. May/June was a really nice time of the year as is September and October.I was there in August last year and I said never again-it was unbearably hot. I will be back in December this year and I am not looking forward to the cold, cooler weather. but it will be a change. Hopefully there will be some good days as it will be the first time my son in law will be in Israel and my one daughter was there last when she went on Ulpan through her schook (18 years ago).

10. Re: Israel (Weather in June, etc)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, August 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv