We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

I'm interested in impressions of these two destinations. I had a wonderful time when I went to Israel in May, helped greatly by responses from Trip Advisor. Advice from this site helped me identify a terrific guide in Jersusalem, great hotels and restaurants also. Next spring I'd like to return and next year I'd like to spend some time in the countryside and would appreciate feedback on these two spots I've read about.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Mitzpe Hayamim is considered one of Israel's premium rural establishments in the Galilee region.

Another place I paricularly like is the Ramot Resort, located above the eastern shores of Lake Kinneret. They have both traditional hotel rooms there and deluxe chalets (cabins). All have fantastic views of the lake.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

I would go with Mizpe Hayamim. Their rooms are luxurious with all the ammenties to spoil you. They have their own vegetable garden and use their organic crops for making sumptous dishes. Additionally, the view from the rooms is out of this world.

Chana

Israel

tel aviv
Level Contributor
71 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Hi

I have been only to Mizpe Hayamim several times, and enjoyed the stay there every time. The atmosphere, the food, the whole experience is fantastic!

One downside you need to be aware of is that there are pretty big differences between the basic rooms and the more luxurious ones.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Mizpe Hayamim is extremely expensive. If you can afford it - go for it!

nj
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Is there somewhere almost as nice as these 2 very expensive hotels?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Amirim B&B, Kfar Blum, HaGoshrim, Rimonim Zfat. It depends where you want to stay and what budget. All of the above are very nice, each in their own way, less expensive than those you mentioned, but not cheap.

Chana

Israel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Mizpe Hayamim is very expensive and is not for those that want to travel all day. It is a resort with all kind of activities and a spa. It is for people that want to relax, R&R kind of place. I was there in April 2012 and did not like it. Too pompous. Hagoshrim (have styaed there too) is very nice. Grounds are beautiful too. I also like Arazim hotel in Metula. My favorite place in the north.

nj
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

Great, thank you

I'll start my research

9. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, January 23, 2013
10. Re: Mizpe Hayamim or Bayit Bagalil?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014