We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

NY, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

Can anyone recommend a car rental company that has pick up in Tel Aviv but return to Dov Airport (domestic)?

thanks,

SK

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,272 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

I've been looking at companies trying to see who has an office at Sde Dov airport. So far I've found

Shlomo Sixt

shlomo.co.il/PagesEn/…

Tamir http://www.tamir-rental.com/ ( no office but they will pick you up!)

I have no idea how the prices on these companies will compare to Eldan etc. It might end up being less money to return the vehicle to Tel Aviv and take a cab to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Eldan Hotel
Eldan Hotel
910 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
NY, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

Thanks very much!

SK

NY, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

Which of the 2 companies you recommended are more reliable and well-known, Tamir or Schlomo Sixt?

Thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,272 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

Both are known. I've used both years ago--and had trouble with both. I would go with Sixt--due to the nature of the problem.

Tamir didn't have a car when I went to get my reservation. When he looked at me and asked me what was he supposed to do--go out and by me a car?--I looked him right in the eye and dryly said , "that would work!!"

Sixt double billed me when they changed over computers during the Y2K year. ( I had the car Dec. 1999-Jan. 2000) It took me 5 months to get it straightened out, but since Y2K is over and at least they had cars.... you also see more of their vehicles on the road then Tamirs.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

Thank you again!

SK

6. Re: CAR rental return to Dov (DOMESTIC) Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 01, 2010