We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air travel from Ohare

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
air travel from Ohare

We are going to Tel Aviv in early November 09 on business. Our contact thinks there is a direct flight from Ohare but I don't see it. Frommers says there are a few direct flights a week- but again I don't see it. If we have to stop, Prices from Milwaukee thru Newark are about the best and are the same as Ohare thru Newark on Continental. Any advice? Airlines to avoid?

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
789 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air travel from Ohare

Cheese

No direct flights from ORD. There are a few airlines that connect on the east coast or in Europe. East coast New York or Phily or ORD thru Iberia(AA) (madrid) and other airlines connect in London or Frankfurt

What airline can you get from Newark to Tel Aviv? I thought you have to through JFK?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air travel from Ohare

Continental and El Al fly to Newark. Maybe other airlines as well.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,239 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air travel from Ohare

El Al travels to TLV from Newark in addtion to JFK. Not too many flights, but there are some.

It really depends on how many stops you want to make since it's entirely possible to leave from General Mitchell (MKE) with a couple stops enroute to Ben Gurion (TLV)and the fare would be pretty reasonable.

I think what you have already discovered which is the MKE to Newark to TLV route is the best bet. Perhaps look into MKE to JFK and then to TLV.

Good luck

p.s. I can only vouch for the airlines I have taken to Israel in the past. Delta, Air Canada, El Al have always been fine. Check the airlines forum regarding other carriers.

p.s.s. Was just in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago. Beautiful!!

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: air travel from Ohare

Try Air Canada connecting in Toronto, and then non-stop to Tel Aviv.

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: air travel from Ohare

Sorry, I didn't realize where you were originating from. There are also Air Canada (Jazz) flights from Milwaukee as well to Toronto.

SE WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air travel from Ohare

We live in WI and are flying in about 2 weeks-El Al out of chicago with one short top in Toronto. I found the airfares comparable out of O'Hare and I wanted the El Al experience.

SE WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air travel from Ohare

We live in WI and are flying in about 2 weeks-El Al out of Chicago with one short stop in Toronto. I found the airfares comparable out of O'Hare and I wanted the El Al experience.

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: air travel from Ohare

You won't be on an ELAL plane between O'Hare and Pearson, as they as they no longer fly to Chicago. American Airlines is their partner between the two cities, and you will board the LY aircraft in Toronto. Just make sure you have enough connection time, as you will need to cross Canadian customs first avec baggage.

gtaa.com/en/…

SE WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: air travel from Ohare

YZD-

We booked the whole trip via El Al, and they set up the connecting flight. We arrive in Toronto at 1115 and depart for Tel Aviv ar 1330. I just went through Toronto customs four weeks ago and it was no big deal. I am sure we will be fine on time.....

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: air travel from Ohare

Two hours is pretty good for Pearson. Just that you will be re-checking your baggage at the ELAL counter in Toronto after your AA flight from Chicago, as you need to pass Canadian customs with your luggage, and go through the interview process with the ELAL agents in Toronto.