We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Carlton Hotel

washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
237 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Carlton Hotel

Hello! Our family will be spending two nights in Tel Aviv in June. I think I'd like to stay at the Carlton, but I'm confused by the location: it seems to overlook the marina, yet the website says it is on the beach. Is its beach very close and swimmable, or is it affected by the fumes from the marina's boats? We want some good quality beach time in Tel Aviv! Thank you!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,705 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

Beautiful hotel. Excellent location. No fumes. Beach & promenade are basically a 2 minute walk. The beach in Tel Aviv is one of the best!

Dr. Z

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,868 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

I agree with my friend Dr. Z. I don't spend that much on hotels when in Tel Aviv, but it looks like a beautiful hotel, and it's at a great location.

Enjoy your visit!

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

I don't know whether it has access to the beach. There are other hotels which have (Crowne Plaza is one) but they are not necessarily nicer.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

The hotel is on the beach, the marina ia small and there are no fumes. The swimming part is on the left from the hotel. 2 minutes walk as Dr. Z. said. The beach on the right is for surfing.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

My family stayed there in July when they came for my son's wedding. Everyone enjoyed their stay there.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

Best location in Tel Aviv (my opinion)!! the popular Resto beach is right under the hotel (you can use the hotel's back exit), with our favorite La La Land Cafe on it (the tables are literally in the sand...great food & drinks). Great swimming, people watching...the small marina is 200 yards north - mainly sail boats. Take the beach prommenade for a walk to either direction.

nyc
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

Right on the beach. Do not have to cross any roadway to get to the promenade or beach. We were there at the end of June and there were no fumes.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,935 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

The person who posted the original query has already gone to Israel. If you were pleased by your stay at the Carlton, why not write a hotel review ? Contact me if you are unsure how to do this.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

Our family is contemplating a stay at the Carlton next March (vs. the David Intercontinental) and location with respect to beach and city access has been one of our questions.

Would love to hear more input in general about staying at the Carlton from those who have been there.

Thanks!

10. Re: Location of Carlton Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, August 22, 2009