We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

att: has nothing to do with the la mer hotel.

i would write a review on here, but i am dumb and cannot figure out how to write a restaurant review.

i am staying at the gordon inn and got a voucher to use at this restaurant right on the beach. the service is horrible and the waiter we got was dishnonest and should be fired.

my hostel friends have been there a million times and told me that the service there is bad, but they already paid for the vouchers. the place resents serving people that only paid 30 shek instead of whatever the cost f the food is.

anyway, when we got the bill, the waiter decided that the service charge was 20%. the other day however, it was 15%. he also insisted that the restaurant decides the service charge and not him and that the service charge isnt his tip.... (this guy thought we were morons and bought it). i just gave him 10 shek to him out of my face.

the joke is, the food was pretty good despite the fact that he probably spit into our orders lol. however, based on service alone, i would never go back and would never advise anyone to pay for the vouchers to eat here.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

You're right... this is not the space for a restaurant review. I'm not gonna report you to the TA folks but here's how to write a TA restaurant review....

On the left side of your screen there is a column titled "More on Tel Aviv". Go down a bit and click on "Restaurants". Find the restaurant you would like to write a review on and scroll to the bottom. There you will find a place to write your own review.

Don't let your one poor experience ruin your trip!

Dr. Z

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

And you could complain with the hostel you're staying at where they gave you the voucher too.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,420 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

How is Gordon Inn? We get many question on budget hotels. The location is very good.

Mentioned in this post
Gordon Inn Hotel
Gordon Inn Hotel
445 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

gordon inn is alright. most of the hostels in tel aviv are dumps from what i hear. the beds are comfy and the female dorm fits 3 with the male dorm fitting 6. the showers are horrible, but the tolites are usually clean.

i feel it was very misleading from their website. they say they have a pub and happy hour, but they now just use it as a living room. it a nice, but it would have been fun had it still be a working pub. it is funny because locals put their faces against the doors and windows still thinking it is the local pub. they also said they give out free vouchers to that le mer restaurant (that i venting about here), but that is only if you aren't staying in a dorm room apparently. the location is great though and all the workers (except for 1) have been really nice and helpful

5. Re: vent: do not eat at la mer restaurant in tel aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv