We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for Hamsa

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Shopping for Hamsa

Hello folks

I was wondering if some could help me...

I'm in Tel Aviv until 22/10 and a friend asked me to purcase a gold hamsa. I looked in couple of jewelry shops in Ben-Yehoda but the prices tend to very a lot.

Could someone please suggest a shop that would charge a fair price.

I'm staying near the port area, but prepared to travel.

Many thanks

Symeon

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,393 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for Hamsa

When you say prices vary alot--on what are you basing that. Don't forget you have to compare items of similiar weight and then take into account the craftmanship in each. Also, make sure you are comparing the same gold. ie. 14K to 14K and 18K to 18K.

Also, you usually can bargin in jewlry stores. Just make sure you have an idea what you are talking about and dont' come accross as a total ignoramous.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,393 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for Hamsa

When you say prices vary alot--on what are you basing that. Don't forget you have to compare items of similiar weight and then take into account the craftmanship in each. Also, make sure you are comparing the same gold. ie. 14K to 14K and 18K to 18K.

Also, you usually can bargin in jewlry stores. Just make sure you have an idea what you are talking about and dont' come accross as a total ignoramous.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for Hamsa

Sam-

rglady is quite correct. When buying gold jewelry the main factors are craftsmanship and gold quality. You get what you pay for.

There are many shops selling other types especially those of ceramic.

Good luck!

4. Re: Shopping for Hamsa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, September 11, 2009