We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active things for teens

chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Active things for teens

I am in tel aviv for a few days and looking for something active to do with my 10 and 14 year old boys. Any suggestions? Thanks

Atlanta
Level Contributor
217 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active things for teens

Obviously there is the beach right there in Tel Aviv which can provide hours/days of active fun. There is a waterpark nearby in Holon that is supposed to be great fun.

Spark Yamit 2000 in Holon (south of Tel Aviv) or The Meymadiyon (another water park) in Tel Aviv. I don't know which one is better but I have heard of them.

David

Mentioned in this post
Holon
Holon
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Active things for teens

In the tel Aviv port you can rent bycicles which you can take into the Yarkon Park nearby. On the beach you can also practise/learn surfing (look at a post from some while ago).

Enjoy!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Active things for teens

You can rent boats (pedalling, rowing and more) on the Yarkon and in Ramat Gan (National Park).

Bicycles were mentioned already. On the beach it is very popular to play "matkot", a kind of ball game similar to table tenis but no table. Maybe some one can explain better. Saturday morning at the Gordon beach is Israeli folk dancing (free). At the Marina is less crowded and more peaceful; at the yacht basin, you can rent windsurfers, surfboards, sailboats, motorboats and diving equipment. For more information see http://www.visit-tlv.com/default.asp

Mentioned in this post
Ramat Gan
Ramat Gan
Tel Aviv District, Israel
4. Re: Active things for teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 05, 2009