We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Tour

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Tour

Hey All,

So our schedule has changed for our trip. We are now arriving in Tel Aviv on July 24 and heading back home at midnight on July 27th (or Early the 28th depending on how you wanna look at it).

Since this has changed and Friday and Saturday are quiet days, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Jeep Tour that we could take for a couple hours on Friday afternoon.

I was also curious to see if you all had any suggestions for my revised/shorter trip. I was thinking Tel Aviv Friday Saturday and Jerusalem on Sunday.

Thanks Again!!

Elaina (aka, the pain in your behind :) )

Canada

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,118 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Tour

Friday/Saturday are far from being quiet in Tel Aviv. For a jeep tour or something else you can look at http://www.drive-israel.com/ and ask them. Jeep tours are mainly in the Golan or Gallili or in the Negev/Eilat.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Tour

Hi Elaine,

You will be just 4 days in Israel. Spend your time in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. You don't even have enough time for these 2 cities. Where exactly do you want to go with a jeep for 2 hours? Israel doesn't resemble the wild west. If you want to go on a jeep tour you have to alocate a full day for it, and most probably spend the night before close to the jeep tour area - north or south. You simply don't have the time.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Tour

For what you might spend on a jeep tour, or perhaps a bit more, consider hiring a driver-guide to take you to some of the interesting sights and sites between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on Saturday -- one route might be Weizmann House, Beit Guvrin, Abu Ghosh, Latrun, maybe a winery -- to get a flavor for the country's wonderful complexity. It also transports you and your luggage from one city to the other. The problems would be making sure enough things of interest to you would be open, and finding a guide (on what is now short notice).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Tour

^ oh... good idea!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Tour

There are jeep tours in the Judean desert--right outside of Jerusalem. Unfortunately--for you--the tour company that I use for this is Orthodox--but I am confident someone else knows others.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Tour

Rdglady,

Honestly, a 2 hours jeep tour to the Judean desert?

7. Re: Jeep Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 01, 2009