We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
panda78
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

What are the best places to go if you want to dance?

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

In December, I went dancing on a few nights, so I guess I'm qualified to make a few recommendations. (I assume you are not talking about Israeli folk dancing or ballroom dancing, which I did not do!).

Allenby Street in Tel Aviv has about 8 or 10 clubs. Don't be dismayed by girly silhouettes decorating one of them--these are not strip clubs, they are bars with music and dancing. All have burly bouncers outside to keep out the riff-raff.

Inside, you will discover a uniquely Israeli thing: the moment you enter, one of the bartenders will greet you, shake your hand and ask what you're drinking. There are no cover charges at any of these clubs--just high priced drinks. (And while there's no strip performances, you may notice here and there the occasional "professional lady" accompanied by her "manager.")

Allenby is a fun place to go bar hopping because they are all next to one another, so you can dance for half an hour in one and then move to the next one. Some have a 20 something crowd, some older, some are incredibly flamboyant with bartenders performing behind the bar, awarding free drinks to the best dancers (I won one), etc.

The other place many people go is to the Port of Tel Aviv, where there is Whisky a Gogo, but we were astonished to learn that they were closing at about midnight! That's when most of the Allenby clubs are just getting started. However, there was another club at the Port where we danced--on the next block from Whisky, but no clear sign--just bouncers outside. It was a very Russian-style place, the DJ was playing all sorts of East European-tinged pop music, people were singing along. Only a few people danced, and there was no real dance floor, so we danced in the aisles.

Finally, there is a hot club frequented by the 20 something crowd, in a basement, called Club Mental. It's heavy into techno music. We were there on a weeknight and it wasn't that crowded, but I was told that on weekends, it's packed to the gills. I don't remember the address, but it's hugely popular and I'm sure you'll find someone who knows where it is.

Have fun!

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Found my forum posts in December, where I had the address for Club Mental, it is on Shedal Street, between Rothschild & Yehuda Halevi streets.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

For nightlife ideas, you may want to check out www.telavivguide.net.

Douglas Duckett

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Good idea, Douglas.

Also, there is an English language Israeli version of TIME OUT, both online, here:

…timeout.co.il/activemagazine/…israel_6.asp

and distributed free of charge to most hotels in Tel Aviv.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Of course -- another excellent (and more updated) suggestion.

Douglas Duckett

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Rictheater, When you say high priced drinks, how hight are you talking? Also do the clubs serve food?

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

I don't remember the drink prices exactly--just that they ran higher than the neighborhood bar I frequented during my visit.

The only club that had any food was the "no- name" Russian-music place in the Port.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

Thanks Rictheater, My kids, who are in their mid 20s, I am sure will want to sample some nightlife.

9. Re: Best nightclubs Tel Aviv?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv