We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

We have a 6:45 am departure out of Tel Aviv Airport on a Sunday morning. How early should we arrive at the airport to check in, clear security, etc? I just saw another post that suggested arriving 3 hours early (that would be the middle of the night). Is this really necessary?

Thank you.

Wiscasset, Maine
Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

I had no idea that a layover was allowed. This is great news and a true revelation. I did ask the agent if we could add a stop for a week in Madrid on the way home, and I was charged $200 for each ticket to make that change, but apparently that was only the change fee on an existing ticket. Wow! Who knew? Not me, that's for sure.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

Alitalia has cancelled most flights from Milan so chances are your flight has been moved to Fiumicino.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

Suzanne202, good luck with Iberia - they really are as bad as their reviews say.

I flew with them internally in Spain last year and was not happy. Then we flew with them from Tel Aviv to Marrakech, via Barcelona in November, and they changed ALL 4 of our flights, giving us no option but to accept the change. In the end it turned out that the flights they told us were cancelled were not.

We are about to try and get something from them out of the small claims court here in Jerusalem. I do not intend to ever fly with them again.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

I have travelled to Israel many times..most recently 8 months ago, suggest you be there 3 hours early ESPECIALLY since you are flying to Amman via RJ. They have the greatest security Worldwide.

As for airlines servicing TLV, I flew BA and they were pretty good. They left at night which allowed a full day browing London. Swiss is a good airline and Continental from Newark has excellent service.

Hope this helps....if anyone has any questions, let me know.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

Why not stopover in London? We now have five carriers flying LDN - TLV - El Al, British Airways, BMI, Thompson, Israir. Two have added services in the last year.

I wonder if they know something we don't know?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

The main reason not to stop over in London (and I've done it, so I can tell you that it hurts), is the very high taxes that get added to a flight via London. Tel Aviv to the US return flight (and the same in reverse) is about $400 in taxes ....

17. Re: 6:45 am Flight out of Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv