We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

Our extended family is traveling to Israel with my inlaws for their 50th wedding anniversary trip this summer. After spending over a week with 15 people (9 of them teens/young adults), we think that the anniversary couple may enjoy a lovely dinner by themselves in a WONDERFUL restaurant. Restaurant does not have to be kosher. I would appreciate any suggestions.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

Well, one reason for my initial hesitation was that until last year I hadn't been to Israel since 1984... and I hadn't realized how much things had changed.

And the second was my determination to enjoy as much Middle Eastern food as possible. Although as it turned out, after a week of Middle Eastern food, especially devouring various salatim from the Shuk, I was happy for something different.

I still don't think I'll be rushing to have Chinese food in Israel, although feel free to enlighten me if you think I'm making an error.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

Well, if for some reason you really crave Chinese food in Israel, our favorite place is Pat Qua in Herzeliya Pituach. Just ate there yesterday, in fact.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

For Chinese food, I love the Pagoda and the House in Tiberias.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

Asian style food at Mina Tomei in Tel Aviv and Herzelia.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

I don't know, guys, I live in New York now and lived for quite a number of years in San Francisco, and so have enjoyed many a fabulous Chinese meal... are you actually telling me it can match that?

Maybe my reluctance comes from an experience eating in a Chinese restaurant in Helena, Montana (it was the only place open downtown on a Sunday night.) Everything came garnished with tomatoes!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

MANTA RAY just south of the Intercontinental on the Med, is absolutely FABULOUS! - I am a discerning NY and LA foodie. Take or word, fantastic!

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

I think that you are right. The Chinese restaurants in NY are better!

But if anyone is willing to go to Herzlia - I recommend SEGEV.

38. Re: need a wonderful restaurant in Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 23, 2009