We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare

Does anyone know what the fare would be for a private taxi from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? Do you know the Sherut fare?

Thank you

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare

The official fare for a private taxi from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem during the day (05:30-21:00) is 235 shekels, and at night 283 shekels.

The sherut from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv is 21.3 shekels between 05:00 and 23:30, and 26.6 shekels at night. I guess it's the same from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but I couldn't see it on the official transport ministry list. With the sherut you have to wait till it is full (10 people), or if it's not quite full, sometimes the passengers pay for the empty seats so that it will go even if not full.

On Saturday and holidays I think they charge the night rate.

There is another thread on this forum with links to taxi fares etc.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare

Thank you

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
565 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare

My wife and myself travelled by taxi from The Renaissance, Tel Aviv to the Dan Panorama, Jerusalem on the 3rd of January, 2008. We had with us 2 big suitcases and 2 shoulder bags.

We were told it would cost 270 shekels for the ride which took approximately 65 minutes. Since, the driver helped us with the luggage, we paid him 300 shekels, all told.

Cheers,

Carlos.

PS--We left Tel Aviv at 12 noon and arrived in Jerusalem at 1.05 pm. The drive was pleasant.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare

Oops, Carlos is right - there is always an extra charge for baggage.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare

I think the extra 30 shekels were a tip, not for the luggage.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
565 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare

Yes, Shoshi, the cab driver did not ask us for anything more than 270 shekels.

We gave him the extra 30 shekels as he helped us with the luggage and was a very nice person otherwise. We had a great conversation with him and he regaled us with with jokes and stories :-)

Shalom !!

Carlos.

7. Re: Taxi Fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv