We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
Level Contributor
143 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

I thought that Tel-Aviv might be a perfect weekend getaway for a group of guys. Some are travelling from Europe some from Dubai. Just wondered is it a very good nightlife and what are the decent hotels to stay in. Also what things are there to see during the day, sights etc. If you need me to post in more detail just reply and I will see what I can come up with

Many thanks

trentendred

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Tel Aviv has GREAT nightlife -- the city never sleeps. Give us an idea of what kind of price-range you want for your hotels, but I like the Melody Hotel on Ha-Yarkon, recently reopened after a renovation and expansion. Other good, mid-range hotels include the Cinema, the Center, and the Metropolitan (larger).

For ideas on nightlife (and hotels), see www.telavivguide.net. And have a great time!

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

See also http://www.telaviv4fun.com/

http://www.telavivguide.net./

You could tell us your interests and dates and we can see what is on at that time.

What passports the guys from Dubai have? If they are not UK maybe they need a visa.

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

As the unofficial "party animal" of this forum

(:-), and having just spent 2 weeks in Tel Aviv in December, I can tell you there is a whole range of nightlife to enjoy: excellent fine dining, music (from classical to pop to jazz to Middle Eastern), ballet and theatre, bars and dancing, and safe to walk almost anywhere late at night, including the beach. Taxis are plentiful but Tel Aviv is also a very walkable city. Hotel options really depend upon your budget and whether you prefer to be on the beach or in the heart of the shopping district. Let us know more and we'll be happy to make some suggestions.

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

P.S. Here is the link to the online version of Time Out Israel:

…timeout.co.il/activemagazine/…israel_6.asp

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

You'd be right to think that Tel Aviv is a good destination for a group of hard-partying guys. There is a bar or club for every possible taste. Some of the web sites that have been suggested will give you some good ideas. Other places, you will just find along the way.

I just say: bring it on!!

U.K
Level Contributor
143 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Many thanks for all the replies. It would be for a group of hard partying guys. It would be for what |I would call a stag party, I think you may now it as a Bucks party? Just looking for good lively nightlife, dancing. Plus for me looking at some of the history during the day. I hear there are some very good markets and places to eat.

Tel-Aviv was on a Rough Guide programme here in the UK a few weeks a go and that gave me the idea as a good destination. The nightlife, food etc looked excellent.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
565 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Hard partying group of guys ???

London based ??? Have you considered Amsterdam ???

Cheers,

Carlos.

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

On Allenby Street in Tel Aviv, there are about a dozen bars/clubs practically next door to one another and great for bar-hopping. Most are lively with loud music and dancing. There are no cover charges/entrance fees, but you must purchase a drink and the bartenders welcome you when you enter (that is, after you make it through the big bouncers standing guard outside!). The action doesn't get going until late, though, so don't even plan to go there until around midnight. There are, ahem, a few "professionals" who hang out in these places, but they're pretty obvious. Also, even though some, like "Club Barracuda," have "mud-flap"-style silhouettes of busty women on the outside, don't be misled: these are not strip joints.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Carlos, they are probrbly looking for new places.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
565 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tel-Aviv forthe weekend

Hi Shoshi,

Yes, you are probably right. Also, just read that some would be coming from Europe and others from Dubai.

For me, though, if I were young and stag, and looking to party hard, Amsterdam would be one of the best places on Earth, quite honestly.

But, as a change, Tel Aviv would be right up there, I agree, Shoshi.

Shalom,

Carlos.