We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

Manhattan, NY
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

Hello,

I am attending a friend's wedding in Tel Aviv... After finally finding flights - I am now entering the realm of shock, as I have been emailing hotels all week regards availabilty for Aug 11 - 17 and seemingly there are NO rooms available in ALL of Tel Aviv!

To say the least, I am becoming very concerned. We leave NYC in 3 days for France, will fly to Tel Aviv from there...

Any suggestions anyone may have will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
25 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

There is a VERY charming neighborhood in Tel Aviv called Neve Tsedek with an inn/coffee place restaurant we have been to.

http://www.ninacafehotel.com/

The cafe was ULTRA charming. I am quite sure the hotel would be lovely. If you can get something there it would be awesome. A few blocks from beach in the loveliest area. Maybe their availability does not show on search engines.

If not, Jerusalem is a drive or bus/cab ride away ( less than an hour) and is a wonderful city. No beach but much cooler and more pleasant weather.

I would also check out nearby Hertzilia

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

The Melody Hotel on Ha-Yarkon just reopened after a two-year renovation. I would be surprised if it's all full already.

I'd recommend you contact a Tel Aviv-based hotel agent named Orit with Regent Tours to see what she can do. I always use her, and she saves me money. You can call her toll-free from the US at (866) 383-6130, and tell her I sent you, if you would.

Good luck!

Douglas Duckett

Manhattan, NY
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

Thank you so much - I will contact Orit, and mention your referral... At this point (time difference) I will unfortunately need to leave for tomorrow,

By the way, I did request a reservation at the Melody Hotel, via the 'Atlas Hotels' website, parent company of about 6 Tel Aviv hotels, of which The Melody is apparently one - I have not received any reply - at all. I also inquired about two of their other hotels, 'City Hotel, and Center Hotel (if I recall correctly - they're all becoming a bit of a blur at this point).... and no reply for any of them.

After emailing about 15 - 20 hotels directly, and entering my dates into countless search engines, with the continual reply of 'no rooms available for your dates'... I finally received a reply WITH availabilty, this morning.

The hotel is Hotel Adiv - http://www.adivhotel.com - 5 Mendele St.

The room is a 'new' double deluxe, top floor @ $159 / night. Reviews seem somewhat mixed, though most say that the renovated rooms are okay, that the location is good (near beach, Ben Yahuda).

Are you familiar with the Adiv?

Again, many thanks for your help.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

The Adiv is OK, as far as I know, but I have not stayed there. See what Orit can do for you.

A note here, mentioned often in this forum -- Israeli hotels and businesses are not as responsive to e-mail as we expect in the US or EU. You often have to call directly. So call Orit and see what she can do for you, but the Adiv is probably an option you could live with.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

Try Hotel de la Mer in Tel Aviv. Good location, a block from the bveach. I had pretty good luck with this hotel My relatives enjoy staying there: http://www.delamer.co.il/

6. Re: HELP - Hotel in Tel Aviv - NO rooms - AUGUST

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 06, 2009