We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

Does anyone know how to obtain a reservation for hotel rooms in Tel Aviv (or anywhere near the beach) in August? We want to stay two nights (Aug 23 and 24), and need three or four rooms. Apparently, it is impossible. Any ideas?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

Did you try Orit at Regent tours, telling her that Douglas sent you?

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

What do you mean by "it is impossible"? Did you try, but the places you contacted were booked? Did you have trouble making contact at all?

3. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:48 am, June 13, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

I think the issue that gcaug2006 might be having is that in August most hotels require a three-night stay or more. I tried booking a two-night stay in Tel Aviv in August and they required a three-night stay because it is the "high season."

I also use Regent Travel (yes, recommended through Douglas) and was very pleased with their service. I would only now book with an Israel based travel agency because when we were in Israel last summer when the war broke out and at that point in our trip all of our plans were for the north so we needed to reroute our itinerary and cancel hotels and book different hotels- that would have been really difficult on our own. Orit was wonderful to work with- especially because within the first few days of the war our plans had to change often. Couldn't have been happier with the recommendation or the service. We're using Regent again for our trip this summer.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

Yes, the three-night minimum is somewhat of an issue, but we tried that as well, and no luck. I was told by my travel agent (large well-known tour operator in NY) that the hotel rooms are snapped up by the French during August (and that many hotels have 7-day minimums anyway). I have tried all of the well-known search engines (and some of the hotels' websites), with no luck (regardless of quality). Same with Herzlia. Amazing.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

Just spoke to Orit at Regent. She confirmed the 7-day minimum at most hotels. She wasn't hopeful.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

That's very strange -- we've gone away for Shabbatot throughout the year and never had any problem securing a hotel room for a 1- or 2-night stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

I don't think the personal attack was necessary, NYPDDAVE. I get no commission from Orit. I found her helpful, so I recommend her. There are other tour agents, and people are free to use them. Several others have been recommended on this forum. I have not used others, so I can't recommend them. But many people on here have used Orit and thanked me for the referral.

Yes, I like people to know I referred them. I don't think that's odd. But when I use Orit, I pay whatever price she gets from the hotel -- no discount, and no rebate. Feel free to write or call her and ask her yourself. Oh, I'm sorry, she did ask to have lunch with me on my next trip. That's the big bribe.

You're free not to like the YMCA. You're free not to like my guide, or me for that matter. But the personal attack is not needed on this forum, which has proved remarkably friendly to people. My personal recommendations on here or in my guide are just that, personal recommendations. I'll stand by the amount of advice and help I try to provide for people on this forum.

As for impuning my motives when you don't even know me, do you have any idea how many people I have declined when they offered to pay me for my guide? I've even turned down two people who offered to sell my guide via a web site for pay and share the revenues with me. I don't do it for the money, something you seem to find hard to believe. I enjoy helping people plan their trips; that's my reward. Again, if you didn't find the guide helpful, you have the right to your opinion. Many others have, based on their e-mails back to me.

I'd suggest you focusing on helping people on the forum, rather than attacking others who do.

Douglas Duckett

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

P.S. One more thing, Dave -- yes, if someone was asking about visiting Cincinnati in January, I would make sure that he or she knew that we usually have gray skies, cold weather, and maybe snow, and that it may not be the ideal time to visit our city. If someone want to come ahead knowing that, they we will welcome them, fully and duly informed. Again, thought sharing information was the point of the forum.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tel Aviv Beach Hotel in August?

NYPD something, check your facts and your spelling before you post. I told gcaug to tell Orit Douglas sent her, also because this way gcaug, and not Douglas, would for sure get the red carpet treatment. It sounds like you have a score to settle with Douglas, and it doesn't sound like the best way to start as a poster - or is it?