We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
153 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

We are considering this hotel as an alternative to either Dan Pan or Metropolitan. It has mostly good postings but one that concerns me regarding the security of the room door locks. Hs anyone here had experience with this hotel or with room security issues in Israel?

Thanks,

My_AZ

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

See what was said to your other posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

My_AZ, I will say that while many of the reviews are positive, some contacts from on here who live in New York were disappointed in the hotel. It wasn't awful, but they were not pleased. But taste is individual. I stay in mid-class hotels when I'm in Israel, and they would probably underwhelm some of my friends on here who like higher caliber (and priced) accommodations.

Douglas Duckett

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Douglas, Thank you for your continued and candid postings. They are really appreciated. We have been in touch (at the suggestion of you and others on this board) with Orit and have decided to stay at De La Mer in TA, Dan Panorama in Jerusalem and Orchid in Eilat. We are fairly well traveled and have enjoyed staying in mid-class "boutique" hotels in Europe. We enjoy the local flavor wherever we travel and value that more than fancy shampoos in the bathroom or 100 cable channels on the TV.

--My_AZ

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

I agree, My_AZ. Let us know how it goes.

And thanks for the kind words.

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Good choices. Did you book a shangri la room in the orchid?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Have you stayed there?

--My_AZ

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

No but I heard good things about them and i saw them from the outside - have them down for a future Eilat visit.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Sorry, ncorrect - stayed there a long time ago, before the Shangri La renovation and was very happy (due to sun sensitive hubby I don't go down to eilat much). My answer related to the Shangri la rooms.

South Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

I stayed at this Hotel on two occasions in October 2006. The hotel from the outside is just OK, but the interior is more modern. The front desk clerks are very nice and helpful.

The rooms are small and nice. The bathroom and shower are very small and tight. The breakfast served is also nice. This Hotel is worth the money and 1 blcok from the beach.

I was able to book a rate of about 100.00 US. It's a no frills hotel, so if you are visiting areas throughout Tel Aviv, it is good for sleeping only. Hopefully this will assist you. I would stay there again.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: De La Mer Hotel -- Tel Aviv

Which hotel are you referring to? The Orchid is in Eilat.