We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

My family of four (two teenagers) will be in Jerusalem the last week of April. I am trying to get a handle on which sites to tour each day and bundle tickets when possible.

For example, on one day I thought we would visit the Tower of David Museum (buy Light Show combo ticket) and the Ramparts Walk (Jaffa Gate to Dung Gate route). However, I am unsure where to buy the Ramparts Walk ticket or if I can bundle with the Tower of David admission? How much time should we allow to do the above?

One day we would like to take the Ir David tour/movie/tunnel and possibly bundle with Davidson Center. If you are able to bundle tickets, do you have to use the same day? Is the Davidson Center something you can do on your own or is a guide needed? How far in advance do the tickets need to be reserved/purchased? I see the Ir David tour lasts 3 hours. What about the time to allow for the Davidson Center?

Thanks!

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Sorry it double posted

Edited: 2:53 pm, April 04, 2014
New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Bumping for an answer to my question in post #20. How to buy the combo ticket for City of David and Davidson Center online, if that is possible? I'd like to buy in advance but don't see that option on the City of David website. I see how to book the English CoD tour and pay in advance but not for both.

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,060 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Not recommended purchasing the two online. Just got to the cashier when you sign in for the tour and purchase tickets there. The parks are not connected administratively and therefore only offer the special two site ticket on-site.

Chana

Israel

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

I see. It was recommended earlier to buy in advance for CoD English tour. I'm not going to sweat a few dollars/sheckels extra to buy the tickets separately to ensure we get our tickets for the CoD tour.

Thank you!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,060 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Buy the City of David Tour on-line. But when you go to he ticket counter, tell them you also want to visit the Southern Wall Excavation Park (Davidson Center). Perhaps they will honor the on-line purchase and allow you to purchase the discounted ticket. If not, than as you say it's only a few more shekels per person and no big deal. You can also purchase the extra ticket while walking up through the tunnel, so you don't even need to make a decision before the tour, if you can't get a discount (in tunnel purchase by cash only, no discounts apply).

Chana

Israel

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

Good suggestion! It never hurts to ask.

27. Re: Old City Activities - time to allow/bundled tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 10, 2015