We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

USA
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

We will be staying near Machane Yehuda, so I imagine we will want to eat (and maybe buy some food -- though no heavy-duty cooking) there, on at least some days. On our last trip, we went to Rachmo and enjoyed it. What other places in Machane Yehuda would you recommend? Some cafes, or restaurants, or good take-out places? I would love to have a list of some of your favorites. Thanks!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

If you are looking for restaurants like Rachmo, then there is Azura and Machneyuda.

Cafes - I like Cafe Mizrahi. Haba is also nice.

Those are the bigger institutions. There are a lot of small places in the shuk, some with just 2 tables.. I say wander and try, it's part of the fun. Each one of those little places has its charm.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,404 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Amos is right - just walk around and see what looks interesting.

If you need for the restaurant to be kosher, keep in mind that not all the places at the shuk are - so check.

Jerusalem
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Pasta ba basta - different typs of homemade pasta

Hava - all types of food

Agas 1 - vegatarian humus resteraunt

Shuka- great caffe and hangout

For directions you will just need to ask

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

In addition to the above: there is also an interesting Jachanun bar in the same area as Pasta Basta, Fish and Chips and so on.

Tahrir is a fun bar with Middle Eastern music open in the evenings - they also serve hummus and similar.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Michmoret for fish. Opposite Pasta Basta and run by a fish stall owner. They also have the Fishen Chips store opposite. Love the seared red tuna salad for 45 shekels. Eat among the bustle of the shoppers. If you want something more upmarket then Topolino Italian is excellent.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,888 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Machneyuda you need a reservation, the place is very popular.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Here is the Mahane Yehuda web site:

http://www.machne.co.il/en/

USA
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

Wow. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

I've only been once in years, so have no comparisons. But I feel compelled ;-) to say that I had a delightful and delicious lunch at Cafe Mizrahi. Of course I was there for a very late lunch, so didn't have to fight crowds, but the food was delicious and the service pleasant. And the coffee was great too.

As noted above, you need to check whether the kashrught situation there is one you are comfortable with; a little googling will describe what that situation is.

10. Re: best places to eat in Machane Yehuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 01, 2015