We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Boston...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laundry

I am coming to Israel in the next few weeks when a new grandchild is born.

My daughter does not have a washer/dryer in her apartment. I would like to be able to use a laundromat but I am not aware of any that exist.

She lives in the German colony (Emek Refaim).

She sends clothes out to a service. I would feel more comfortable washing new baby clothes myself. Some I will wash here before I leave. Those I'm not sure of I want to bring with tags on so I can return them but if she likes them, I want to wash them there. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Laundry

Mazel tov !!!

Why don't you buy her a washing machine as a present ? :-)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Laundry

Rotem launderette is alive and well, for anyone who is interested in one in that area. But it is a long way from the German Colony.

Mentioned in this post
German Colony
German Colony
12 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Boston...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Laundry

Thanks to all for your Mazel Tovs and wise and prompt advice.

I like the idea of buying a machine best but my daughter plans to move soon and doesn't seem to want that installation in a rental.

I don't mind hand-washing either though I'd rather spend time with the baby than with the laundry!

This Israel forum is great!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,261 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Laundry

Most apartments in Israel have the necessary plumbing for a washer. Unlike in the US, when you buy an apartment/home it rarely to never comes with a washing machine ( or fridge or stove) Renters generally own their own appliances and take them when they move. Owners moving to a new home, take them along too.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Laundry

rdglady beat me to it - it is the norm (and not the exception) here to own your own appliances and it is very easy to hook up a washer - one drain pipe and one water inlet - all you really need to be concerned with is that the machine will fit in the space available and through the door (which may be narrow). It's no big deal to get a machine in a rented apt and IMHO would be a huge boon to a mother with a newborn.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Laundry

That site PRSV posted is a great resource for those travelling with kids - quite apart from the laundry info. :)

17. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 06, 2015