We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

I am looking for a clean and nice place to stay for one night in Jerusalem close to the old city or in the city centre. We have two big boys that cannot share a bed or sleep on sleeper couches. Any ideas?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

What is your budget? and when will you be here. Have you considered two connecting rooms in a less expensive hotel?

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

I'm looking to spend about $350 for inter connecting rooms? Is that reasonable

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

Look at a family room at the Abraham Hostel. Great location, in your budget, and fun for both your kids and you. They have family rooms for 4 and 5. Don't be fooled by the word 'hostel', your room will be more like a budget hotel with breakfast included. https://abrahamhostels.com/jerusalem/rooms/

Check the reviews.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

I just went to the Prima Kings website. You can get two rooms, breakfast included for $158 per room. ( large breakfast) It is much nicer than the Abraham Hostel--although that works too. The same set up at the Prima Royal would be $2 less per night ( not worth it)

I used mid July dates--other dates may be less.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

Prima Kings will suffice for one night but rooms are tiny and it's not a fun place to stay. It is centrally located however. The Prima Royale has a nicer ambience though rooms are also small. I would choose that over the Kings. Take a look at the St. Andrew's Scottish guesthouse - their rooms are under $150 a night and they also have a 2-bedroom apartment. It is charming with Old City views and close to First Station complex and German Colony. It is not kosher however. I wouldn't discount the Abraham Hostel.

Edited: 1:32 am, February 02, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

Thanks. I booked already for prima Royale. Great looking place and I could get separate beds for the boys.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

I see the OP has already booked the Prima Royale, but for others who may be reading:

We once booked a 2-room room at the Prima kings. It was basically a standard room with another small cozy bedroom attached to it. Key word: *small*. The beds were fine for our then 3- and 6-year-olds, but they wouldn't work for teenage boys.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

note: the prices that i gave a few posts earlier were not for the 2 room room--they were for 2 regular rooms. I also do not find the Prima Kings rooms that small. I have stayed ( years ago) for 1 week stays, A friend of mine stays yearly for a month. She brings an amazing amount of clothes, books, etc, etc, and is very comfortable. ( 2 very large suitcases full)

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

I think everyone has different ideas of what 'small' is. I just checked out Prima Kings standard bedroom size in www.booking.com and it is 12 m². The size of the standard room in the Prima Royale is 16 m².

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation for a family of four (2 older boys)

and the rooms at the Prima Royale are not large. I have just reserved a junior suite at the P Royale for my parents to give them more space without paying huge amounts of money.