We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

I know Bar mitzvah lunches have been discussed at great length on this board. I have gathered a lot of ideas and info from all the threads. From all the info I have gathered from reading here I have three places with availability for us. We will be 20- a maximum of 26 people. It is the end of Feb. We will be coming from the Kotel. Either we will walk or cab. It will depend on the weather.

We will be having a dairy lunch with fish and desert. Prices are around 140 shekels at each place. Can you help me decide which? Here they are with pros and cons as I see them.

Beit Ticho - pros - looks like we get a private room. Cons - alittle further, but irrelevent if we are cabbing it.

Rimon- pros- looks like best food choices for our tastes. Cons - not a private room. I expect it to be noisy.

Quarter - pros - appears we get a private room; appears to be close; But irrelevent if we are cabbing it anyway. Also appears to be slightly less expensive than the other two. Cons - is it ramshackle?

What would you suggest?

Also, if we have to cab it, should the 25 of us wait and get cabs? I assume arranging a bus would be expensive and would rather not do that.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

thanks Shoshi and Oreets. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

Happy to say we had a phenomenal lunch at Rimon. We sat outside on this beautiful sunny day. The food was fresh, plentiful and attentive service. We loved it!

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

Oh, and most importantly, they were knowledgeable and receptive to work with us with food allergies.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,930 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

Thanks for coming back and letting us know - glad to hear it was a success.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,699 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

I too am glad you had a successful lunch! Mazel Tov again.

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

Hiya! Mazel Tov und thank you for posting how your experience went. Cheers!

17. Re: Rimon (dairy) or Beit Ticho or Quater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2015