We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from Rosh Pina

Which Jerusalem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from Rosh Pina

I would like your advice. On our next trip to Israel, we will be staying for part of the time in Rosh Pina, and using it as a base to visit various places in the north.

On our last trip to Israel, we stayed a few days in Rosh Pina, then a night in Akko, then a couple of nights in Caesarea. It was good, but I did not like changing accommodations so many times. It wastes a lot of time packing and unpacking and finding the hotels, and checking in and out, etc.

So this time, I am thinking of making a longer stay in Rosh Pina, and taking day trips. But I don't want to do something irrational. For example, would a day trip to Haifa from Rosh Pina be reasonable? What about a day trip to Netanya and Zichron Yaakov? Or is all that too much driving and if I want to see places on the coast I should spend a night there?

Thanks.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

I would change to a hotel by the coast. It's a long drive from Rosh Pina to Netanya and it doesn't really make sense to keep driving across the Galilee, especially as the roads are not particularly fast in that area.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

Another option would be to visit Haifa and Netanya from Tel Aviv as day trips if you will be staying there - you can use the train, which is less than an hour all the way to Haifa from Tel Aviv.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

If you are looking only for day trips to Haifa/Netanya/Zichron do as recommended above. If you are staying in the north to tour the north and you don't mind wasting gas and time then staying in Rosh Pina is okay.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

Rosh pina is more than 80 KM from Haifa and it takes 1.5 hours with car. Your call.

Netanya is 60 KM south of Haifa which is a 45 minutes drive. Zichron Yaacov is in the middle between Haifa and Netanya. (can do also from Tel-Aviv)

As a returning tourist you may try to find a basis in one of 3,000 zimmers in the north of Israel, which will allow you to relax after the day in a nice jacuzzi

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,082 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

I live part time in Netanya and traveled to Rosh Pina and spent the night to take in the north. I would never go up there as a day trip--don't do the reverse.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

If you have your heart set on staying at Rosh Pina, there are plenty of interesting places to see that are closer than Haifa & Netanya.

Tsfat, loads of places in the Galil & Golan. Wineries, nature walks, rafting, archeology, horseriding, etc. What interests you and what time of year will you be travelling?

Edited: 5:33 am, November 15, 2013
USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

We are traveling in June. I like the town of Rosh Pina -- and we also enjoy touring around the Galil and Golan -- we enjoy the views, the wine, the hiking, some of the historical sights, the Druze villages, the food (especially small restaurants that don't seem to get many tourists but have great food). This time we might do a Golan jeep tour, which we have not done before. BUT it sounds like trying to do day trips to the coast from there is not a great idea.

After Rosh Pina, we are headed to Tel-Aviv. I think maybe we will reduce our stay in Rosh Pina by one day, and spend a day on the coast before we return to Tel-Aviv. Or just get to Tel-Aviv a day earlier, and do a day trip from there.

We stayed in Ceasaria and in Akko last trip, so -- while we greatly enjoyed both -- I don't feel a need to go there again. But maybe Haifa, Zichron Yaakov and/or Netanya would be good day trips -- though I certainly would not want to rush through all of them in a day. It won't be our last trip...

Thanks for your advice.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

For the north, did you try the Hamat Gader hot springs? Recommended

I do not think there is much to do in Netanya.

In Haifa: Bahai gardens and shrine, Museum of Science, Cave of Elijah, Stella Maris Monastery, Maritime Museum, The Muhraka Monastery at the horn of the Carmel, The Druz villages Usefiya and Daliat el Carmel

In Zichron Yaacov are several wineries, exhibition in Beit Aharonson regarding pre-state resistance the Museum of the First wave of immigration to Israel . Many nice shops and resturants on the main road. Also just out side is Rothschild grave at Ramat Hanadiv with very nice gardens

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,082 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

IN June, Netanya has the beach. There are also sites in the area. The new Town Square is alive at night with all kinds of activities. Here is the brand new Netanya tourist webpage

http://www.netanyatourism.org.il/

unfortunately, it is not complete but by the time you are ready to go--it should be 100% up and running.

10. Re: day trip from Rosh Pina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 17, 2014